Friday 28 February 2020

Friday, Feb 28th

A gorgeous day in the valley of the sun.  The sun was out periodically, but lots of cloud, but the temps were in the high 70's, I think 80 for a while.
  In the morning it was mainly house cleaning.  Marg dusted or wiped almost everything in the place.  She also did the patio doors and they take a while.  I helped out where I could.  Mainly with the low down stuff or the higher up areas.  It's amazing how much dust accumulates and where it is in this place.  The air doesn't seem all that dusty, but it must be as it comes from somewhere.
  I had a fair amount of computer time making posts of pictures and fixing up the blog.  For the last couple of nights I have fallen asleep while sitting here doing it.  I thought I was getting enough rest, but must be lacking rest.  Kind of reminds me of my mother who could fall asleep in a chair watching a movie or TV.  A group from here went out to the desert for a wiener roast and pot luck but we passed on it.  Too many things influenced in coming to the conclusion it was a poor idea.
   After a bite of lunch continued the clean-a-thon with Marg.  I must admit the place is looking pretty darn good.  I went to play pool and there were 3 for a while eventually being joined by a fourth.  It was nice to see the fourth guy is a fellow I have encouraged to come out.  He is a very good player and enjoys the game, but had been a reluctant recruit and now is comfortable with the game and other guys.
  When I finished it was time to organize our place.  Happy was at our place this afternoon, so we had to organize the place.  I had moved all the patio furniture when the sprayer was here, so there were quite a few things to do.  I rolled out a carpet Marg keeps under the table then I did the steps and the floor carpet in the golf cart.  The step is very hard to vac owing to the kind of carpet on it so I generally do that.  By then it was 4 and people started to arrive.  As far as happy hours go, it was fairly small.  The group that went out to the desert had returned and some of them were here sharing their experience.  We were scheduled to go to dinner with Blankes tonight.  It seems he mentioned it to another couple, then something was said at happy. 
In the end there were 16 of us that went to dinner tonight.  Dinner was at Dirt Water Cafe.  It's a place where we usually go once or twice during our time down here.  We got space in the the patio area.  Its pretty neat in that it is enclosed with a roof with two solid walls.  The other two have about 3 ft high wall with a kind of wire mesh from there to the roof.  There was an entertainer tonight, the same fellow who has been there for years.  It was a lot of fun and the food was great.  Even Marg had a drink, her and Doris had margaritas.  I had a couple of beers, Kilt Lifter by the four peaks brewery; quite nice craft beer.  The food is always good and tonight was no exception, it was great.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo of Mom & Dorris ... sounds like a fun day x

    ReplyDelete