Thursday 27 February 2020

Thursday, Feb 27th

Today was a nice one, sun shone, temperature went up, everyone in short pants.  Just the kind of day we all think we signed up for here in the valley of the sun.
  First thing Marg threw in a load of washing.  We started off the day at the coffee klatch in the hall this morning.  It was well attended and our table got to pick donuts first as we as a group paid for them.  It really never cost that much as we split it 5 ways, so each threw in $10.  It was the first time a table bought them rather than individuals but we thought it might be a unique enough idea to do it.  It was a pretty good meeting, considering the security issues we have had in the past week.  This always causes people to raise issues and while security is everyone's responsibility [put your stuff away and lock it up], the general aspects of it are the park's.  It can really get carried away with debatable ideas, but the president kept the discussion on track, summed it up and cut it short.
  After coffee, Marg had a meeting with the entertainment committee, so I left to get my camera.  The new executive wanted a picture, which I generally look after.  They chose to do it at the front gate again this year, so that made it a bit tough as they had to stand with the sun in their eyes.  Then I went back to complete some stuff: last nights blog, tag & post the pictures from the fish fry, send the exec the pictures before posting, make a poster for the Leap Year dance on Saturday night.
  After lunch I went out to look for a brake light and that took several stops.  While at the auto parts store I picked up some plugs for the front bumper.  They gave me a front license bracket that I don't want to use, so it has 4 holes in it.  No luck on the brake light just yet, so will keep trying.
  When I got back Marg had completed the laundry and was out, visiting within the park.  That is an easy thing to do and the women are certainly better informed than the guys.  By then it was 2, so I went to play some pool.  There was one table with 2 players, so I joined in with them.  When we finished our last game I started for home & met Marg coming toward me.  It was happy hour and she had a cold beer in a cozy [spelling?] and my chair strapped to the back of the cart.  Happy today was on the patio at the clubhouse and the group pretty much filled it.
  Arriving at home we had a very brief discussion about supper and went out to IHop.  One of us was feeling guilty as we ate out last night and have plans for tomorrow night.  For my part I really don't think that has anything to do with it.  Lots of people here eat out more than we do, so whats the problem.
  We were back in good time for he animal races.  There was a pretty good sized crowd tonight and Marg won 5 of the 8 races, while I won 3.  It was all good fun.
 

1 comment: