Saturday 25 January 2020

Robbie Burns Day, 2020

  It was a gorgeous day in the valley with temperatures in the 70's.  I wore shorts, so you know what that means, everyone was warm today.
  Early in the morning I went to wash the truck.  Down here it doesn't really get dirty, although we did have a rainy day last week that splashed a bit on the truck.  It was mainly just dusty so I took it to the spray wash.  The water here is a real problem for spots on the vehicle if you let it air dry, so I had to spray on the rinse agent and then wipe it all down, especially any chrome or glass.  I also went in to check my lottery tickets.  I buy the Mega millions and the Power Ball, both of which have jackpots in the millions.  I think one is over 80 and the other over 300, so if I ever win be prepared for the biggest party you have seen on short notice.
  Marg spent some time on the event for tonight and then when I got home, she took the truck shopping.  Her and Patti went to buy stuff for snacks and decorations for the clubhouse.  The entertainment committee hired a couple ladies who DJ and entertain for the Luau.  We had a bite of lunch at home and then went out for some stuff we needed at Hobby Lobby.  Marg bought a grass skirt, some lei's, drink straws with umbrellas, etc.  I got a cool straw hat and lei.  On the way home we stopped at Fry's where we got a 6 pack of Hawaiian lager and a 4 pack of pina colada's.
  I dropped Marg at the hall as they were decorating by the time we got back.  Then I drove to our place to unload the stuff.  When I opened the back door [the drinks were on the floor back there], the colada's fell out on the driveway.  One bottle shattered, one just leaked and two rolled around but were OK, tough bottles.  Anyway I had a mess to clean up before I could go help with decorating.  We got the hall looking pretty Hawaiian, thanks to the help.  Gary even cut some fronds off one of the palm trees and we made a decoration by sticking them in a pot of gravel.  The gals had the food all put out on trays and such then in the fridge until show time.  I even helped there chopping up the watermelon.
  Back to our place to have supper, but the time was short so I went to the golden arches for a couple of chicken burgers.  They are called buttermilk but the chicken is fried with a coating, pretty good anyway.  Right after eating, Marg had to go back to the hall to meet the entertainers, but it was shower time for me.  The dance didn't start until 7 so lots of time.
  There was a decent crowd, although there was room for more.  The charge was $6 which for some of these people is a non-starter.  I'm not saying they are cheap, but they usually try to spend both sides of the dollar.  There were enough to have a good time while paying for the costs of the event.  The colada's that were left were a hit and Marg consumed both, so she was in party mode.  The Hawaiian lager was also very good, so I was as well.  Got lots of compliments on my straw hat, so it was well worth the $3 I paid for it.  LOL
Now for a wee dram and a toast to the Bard, the poet of Scotland, Robbie Burns.  Alba go Brah!  Slainte.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos ! Looks like a great night.... well done remembering to raise a glass to the Bard as well x

    ReplyDelete