Sunday 26 January 2020

Sunday, January 26th

A gorgeous sunny day in the valley.  Definitely short pants weather today.
  I got up and out early this morning, so was able to make the service in the clubhouse hall.  It was well attended this morning, so much so that there were no seats at the back of the room where I usually sit.  Had to move off to the side where there was room.  The sermon was related to Martin Luther King and his famous speech - I have a dream, one I have always found inspiration in and I think a defining moment in history in this part of the world.
  When I got back Marg was ready to go so we went out for brunch.  Went first to Mickey D's then to Village Inn, both were lined up outside so on our way to IHop, we were travelling on Idaho and we said wait, the Waffle House is on this road and that is where we went.  There was a line, but not outside so we waited but it was pretty quick.  We had a nice breakfast type meal but the waffles are no where near the ones Marg makes, so a bit below our expectations.  We met some folks in the line who are new to the area and stay in a park not too far from where we are.  They are in a very large park, 1400 sites I believe but are enjoying it.  The ladies were talking about eating spots and she said they don't travel very far to eat out.  Marg gave them a bit of a summary on buffets and the other lady must have been interested as they asked for directions.
  After eating we stopped by Safeway on the way home.  We were invited to a birthday party in the form of a pot luck supper and Marg wanted to make a pot of baked beans.  She was able to get everything she needed, so it was on home for her to put the beans together in the crock pot.  I spent most of the time sorting out pictures and posting them on the tenants association FB site.  Marg had posted one of me on her FB site and it sure got a lot of hits.  Marg had a call from one of her gamblin' gals who was going to the Fort for smokes, so she went with her.  I guess the prices there are a lot less with it being on a reservation.  Heck I never even knew Marg had her treaty card - LOL.  They took quite a while getting back as her buddy drove the bush highway and it is heavily traveled on weekends. In the meantime I was responsible for cooking the beans and I really sweated it out in the heated kitchen.  Well actually I stirred them a couple of times.  Hah
  When she got home there was not a lot of time until the happy hour, pot luck, birthday party.  The guy and his buddy turned 70 today.  It was a packed house, as his wife had sent out 54 invitations, most of which were couples plus some family members.  There were at least 100 people, so it spilled out on to the road, blocking it off.  To make some order in the eating they called people by age groups and when the 70 - 75 was called, many folks said I was faking it so I finally produced my drivers license.  I think they were misled by Marg looking so youthful that I must be younger.  I can see how that would happen.  The food was actually pretty good, for a pot luck.
  After Marg stayed in to work on her financial reporting for the Entertainment committee as they have had a few events and she wanted to document it while the details were still fresh in her mind.  I went to ice cream social where I had a dish of ice cream and a piece of the birthday cake.  After ice cream a group of us went to play pool.  There were 8 players tonight, so 2 tables.  We had some good games and lots of laughs, so a good evening. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day.... glad the weather is picking up for you x

    ReplyDelete