Friday 24 January 2020

Friday, Jan 24th

Wow, not much of January, 2020 left.
  The weather was nice today, cloudy for the morning, clearing in the afternoon but warm
  This morning we went out to Courtesy Chrysler where the work was done on the truck.  They had lost the copy or picture of my registration for use in submitting the warranty info to Chrysler.  He suggested I take a picture of it and send it to him, but I don't think I can do that on my flip phone, so we just went in.  Felt kind of bad as he had asked for this about a week ago.  It only took a few minutes and we were on our way.  On the way back we stopped for gas at Costco in Mesa.  The way they have the staging area is one of the poorest at any Costco I have been to as the traffic piles up for the first couple rows and no one can get to the back.ones.  So I just sat in my spot until it opened up and a bunch of us made it through the blockage.
  After lunch I went and played some pool with 3 other guys.  Not sure how many games we played but it was good competition and good fun.  Marg went out looking for a Hawaiian shirt for me to wear on Saturday nights Luau.  Then she went looking for the Party City to get decorations, but it closed the location on Signal Butte.
  We went to Happy on the other end of the park.  It kind of broke up when someone spotted the pair of Javelina's that have been hanging around here.  This is quite unusual in the city.  If you are facebook friends with either of us you may have seen them as there are a couple of posts from people in the park.  They have been around here for the last week or so, sometimes right in the park.  At one point they were around the fence surrounding the off leash dog area.   I'm not sure but I think they like pets, not as companions rather as appetizers.  They often root around digging up tubulars and roots, generally making a mess.  I don't believe they usually bother people, but can be nasty if surprised or feel cornered.  While I've seen them out in the desert in the past, I never bothered to go see these ones as I think they are getting too bold and should be left alone.
  A bunch from here went out for fish tonight.  This is often the case and seems to be a popular outing on Fridays.  They go to all you can eat fish [cod] places and for me that usually means one or two pieces.  We have gone in the past, however were disappointed the last time.  We opted to stay home and bbq a nice T bone steak as well as baked potatoes tonight.

1 comment:

  1. In the UK.. lots of people are going Vegan for January and calling it Veganuary bet you don’t get a lot of that over there lol x

    ReplyDelete