Monday 30 December 2019

Monday, December 30th

Well another chilly day in the valley.  In fact the wind pretty much blew all day and in this area it comes off the Superstition mountains where it is even colder.  So in a nutshell, nothing to brag about.
  I got up and mobile pretty early as I wanted to deal with the check engine light in the truck from yesterday.  I took it to the Superstition dealership where I had the oil change recently.  A very helpful service technician put a code reader in the truck that had a wireless connection to a tablet.  Reading the code he said it was a very unusual one.  Well with 7,200 km's on the truck I would say any code should be unusual.  His interpretation of it was some reaction of the transmission responder to a condition it didn't like.  Apparently it is very sensitive to anything unusual.  After questions about how it occurred and whether the truck did anything unusual, he elected to remove the code, but gave me his card asking that I call should it re-appear.  So far today, nothing has happened.
  When I got back to our place, we had breakfast and kind of chilled for a bit.  Marg had a few calls dealing with the Entertainment committee and then picked the 3 of them up at 11 to go shopping for things for the New Years eve party.  I guess they went out for lunch to Chili's as I went without. LOL Anyway they got what they needed for the party Tuesday night.
  I went to play some pool with one of the guys here and his grandson.  We played a game where each player has 5 pool balls and you try to sink each other and not your own.  The winner is the last one to have balls on the table.  The young fellow seemed to enjoy it.  I came home around noon and finished up some stuff I was doing around the place.  I am pretty much done, just have some finishing touches left.
  Oh wait when Marg got home she made me a sandwich for lunch.  That and a nice fresh orange.  Then we went out to Safeway where she needed a few things.  They had some good sales, the best was in the meat area where they had a, not sure what you call it.  Some big slab of beef, a steak I guess, but it was about 12 inches x 20 + inches and very thick.  The deal was buy one get 3 free.  The lady ahead of us cleaned it all out, so we'll never know how it was or what to do with it.  I bought some Modello [Mexican beer] for the party tomorrow.  Marg already has her Jag chilling in the freezer for tomorrow.
  Marg had a few visitors this afternoon.  She's pretty darn popular around here especially with the ladies doing anything with the party.  By then it was getting on, so she started supper.  It was something a bit different, she made: chicken fried steak, veg stir fry, baked potato and apple turnover for dessert.  That was 3 hours ago and I am still feeling very full.
 

3 comments:

  1. Your truck issue is very similar to the one that I fixed on Charlene’s Landrover yesterday, the gear position switch. She does have a few more miles though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a few more miles... he’s now on day 2 of Land Rover repairs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get your problem sorted. Mine kind of just quit, the light went out so will see what the future holds.

      Delete