Wednesday 1 January 2020

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

  Happy New Year.  Wow another year has turned over, time really is flying by.   It was a nicer evening and the sun shone and it warmed up quickly to become a nice one.
  There were two New Years celebrations at the party last night, an east coast one at 10 PM and the midnight one.  We took a picture of the ones who made it until midnight.  Not like the old days.  LOL 
  We slept late this morning as it was about 1:30 in the morning when we finally went to bed.  It was a little after 8 when we started moving about.  After a bit we started in on some stuff around the place.  Marg cleaned out the fridge and got a load of laundry going.  I was putting some trim pieces on but never had enough to finish.  Both of my brad nailers were not functioning properly.  In one I had a brad jammed and had to open it up to remove the offending brad.  I decided it was the brads rather than the nail gun.  They had been around for a long time and the adhesive holding the brads in a strip seemed to be gumming up the gun.  So I made a trip to Lowes where I got new ones and picked up a few pieces of trim while I was there.
  On my trip to Lowes and back I had a pleasant surprise.  My check engine light has gone out.  I hope it;s not because it burned out.  LOL  Will wait and see if it repeats before calling the dealership.  I would expect them to tell me not to bother coming in until it is back on so they can diagnose the problem.  They may be able to determine the nature of the problem from the history stored in the system, but judging from the reaction I had on my last visit I will not be holding my breath.
  When I got back I tried both nailers and they worked with the new brads.  Well one worked right away, but I had to mess around with the one i had taken apart to un-jam it.  We put the final touches on our maintenance project.  It was a much nicer day for drying, so Marg had much better success getting it all done.  She had someone spill a glass of whisky on her last night and wanted to get the garments washed as quickly as possible.
  After lunch we took some time to cruise the park.  We have been so busy that we haven't done this for a few days and discovered several couples have arrived in the last couple of days.  Nice to see them and renew old acquaintances.  By the time we chat with 3 or 4 it takes quite a while to get around the park.  We stopped for the mail as well.  We never forwarded our mail this year so the mail is mainly flyers and other junk mail.  We do get the odd bill, like the cable / wifi so really nothing good comes of stopping there.
  We chilled a bit in the afternoon and then Marg made a nice supper.  After supper she asked if I was playing poker.  Well I didn't think it was on tonight, so I phoned around.  It turns on most people didn't either, but in the end 6 of us showed up and played.  Well I should have kept my mouth shut.  There is an old adage I use "Let no good deed go unpunished".  Well that was me tonight, not many pots came my way.  We did have fun and a few laughs, so it was all good.

1 comment:

  1. I found that with the engine management light it resets sometimes after so many times of your vehicle turning off and on when it’s just a warning one....

    ReplyDelete