Tuesday 5 February 2019

Wednesday, Feb 5th

It was a cool day in the valley.  Looking at the temps at home [coldest place on planet earth], I am reluctant to complain as I am likely to get comments like suck it up buttercup.  There is a pretty major winter storm making its presence known from the north.  They are forecasting snow at higher elevations [above 5500 feet], as well as rain at the lower elevations.  With any luck it will help with the drought situation in the area.
  Marg had lots of visitors today, pretty much through the day.  She still had most of her tickets to the comedy act on Friday evening and had quite a few visitors looking for tickets.  She was holding back a few for some of the people across the road, but by the end of the day she had none and turned in the proceeds.  I think there might still be a few tickets out there someplace, but the event looks like it will be well attended.  It's a little different than our usual entertainment, so a bit of a gamble, but it appears to be paying off well.  I am certainly looking forward to it, the guy seemed to be very good in the brief preview we enjoyed.
  Marg did a bit of laundry through the morning, sometime she leaves it to run while we go out and that was the case today.  We went out to pay a few bills.  The first stop was our insurance agent.  It's Just up on Ironwood at the Trail, so very convenient.  We have been with them about 3 years now and the gals at the agency are good to deal with.  After Marg settled up there it was on to Mediacom who used to be just a bit further up Ironwood, but as of this year are out the old trail toward Gold Canyon.  The bill was a bit different this month, so in seeking an explanation it is now as clear as mud.  They told Marg that it was a catch-up adjustment.  This is payment for the 4th month of the service, so that doesn't make sense.  We did get a $200 gift card for our customer loyalty bonus [3 months loyalty??] so I guess we best just move on.
  Back at our place Marg continued with the ticket selling and laundry duty.  I on the other had looking for something fun to do, got to the painting job.  This was on the walls where I had left marks from the water repairs.  The paint was pretty nice to work with and after completion it didn't smell like paint in here.  The only problem was the color was not exactly a match, close but in good light it was apparent.  The solution was to paint to the next corner, so I did a bit more painting than I had planned.  I think there is more yet in my future, as the entire hallway may be due for a new coat.  The actual painting didn't take that long, most of the time was used for prep and clean up.  In the end it didn't look too bad, Marg was happy and I was glad I never chose the color.  LOL
  We pretty much had to go to happy this afternoon as it was the last day for a couple from Ontario who leave for Lake Havasau tomorrow.  They want to tour around a bit and see more of the sunny south.  I still had a can of Kokanee from home that I took for him.  Pretty good folks, so lots of people stopped in to say farewell.  They are in no particular rush to head for home, but are doing what most of us did when we first came down here.  They are talking like they may be back, but with the limited space in this park, we'll see.
  Supper was a slow cooker special Marg made with brats, potatoes, etc.  It was very nice.  She often uses the special sauce packets that are available at the grocery store and that was the case tonight.  It was as I said very nice.
  Bingo tonight, can't miss now as the power ball was up to $618 tonight and could go anytime.  Gerry & Deb came out to play tonight.  As it turned out i was the only winner at our table.  I won the first time on my own and shared with a second winner.  The first game I won I thought was a double bingo and said he look I have my first bingo.  Marg said call it quickly its good, so I did.  The next ball was already in the monitor, so I almost missed it.  The second time I won, the park manager [wife who is a co-manager] was the other winner.  Knowing it was my second win, she gave me a look and a put your hand down.  LOL  A bit later there was a double line bingo and after Marg said it, everyone at our table [in turns] said - Dave this is the two line bingo.  Even the caller said this is two lines, so Dave you call after two bingo's.  The caller is one of the gamblin' gals, so it wasn't really a surprise.
  Will be interesting tomorrow, as the golf will only go ahead, weather permitting.  If it's raining they are going to cancel it and will advise by email.  The problem is Gerry leaves downtown Phoenix an hour and a half before tee times, so will be on the road when the note comes out.
  No winner on the Mega Millions draw tonight, so will take my Powerball winning ticket in tomorrow and get more tickets.  The Powerball is the big lottery, the jackpot this week was $200 million.  My share will be $4, so that will get me one ticket on each of the two lotteries, the dream is still alive!

1 comment:

  1. I think you need a clock for the days of the week... it should be Tuesday the 5th.... and I did notice your spelling colour the American way now color. Good job on the Bingo win, fingers crossed for the lotto xx

    ReplyDelete