Wednesday 20 February 2019

Tuesday - a day late - again

Another chilly day, but we turned up the heat and delayed going out.
  I had a commitment to golf at San Marco with 3 other guys in the park. There were two very good golfers, one so-so and me.  It's a course in Chandler that I have play in the past, with one of the guys from yesterday when he got a hole in one.  The course has changed hands, apparently a group of Canadians bought it and made a lot of improvements.  Our tee time was at 11:20, but they had a frost delay in the morning so we were over half an hour late getting off.  Somehow we ended up in pairs playing for a drink of choice at the end of the day.  When they asked if I was OK with it, I said yes I had enough cash to pay.  LOL  I started off well and we were even at the end of 9, but as usual I faded in the second 9.  Normally that would be not too bad, but my partner who was the good player, did the same thing and you know the rest.  The course was nice, especially the fairways.  The greens and tee boxes were actually the poorest part of the course.
  Marg stayed in and hung around the park, you know visiting and things like that.  She spent quite a bit of time cleaning the oven and it is spic and span now.  I think she was tired of the smoke detector going off whenever she opened the oven door.  Supper was a chicken dish she made in the slow cooker, it was very good with potato and vegetables and in a gravy sauce.  It's her strategy when my return home time is uncertain.
  After supper we went to bingo.  The crowd was larger as the money ball was up over $700.  For the size of crowd they get here that is a large jackpot.  Everyone expected it to pay out and many were very close, but it eluded us and continues to grow.  I managed to get a win last night and you should have heard the collective groan in the room.  What was really funny is the very next game I was waiting on one number for a second win.  It was the same number I had just won on.  Now that would have given the crowd reason to get worked up.  Jerry at our table also got a win.  Marg was close but it was not in the cards for her.  Get it -- bingo cards.  LOL  A few people asked how many winning weeks in a row between Marg & I; it's 4 now and tonight the win paid $36.  What they didn't know is I was down to 2 numbers at one time for the big jackpot.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are still getting out to golf in this cooler weather. Good luck on the big jackpot.

    ReplyDelete