Monday 18 February 2019

Monday, Feb 18th

I won't tell you it was a chilly day, as the week is pretty much going to be like that.  I think it got up to a high of about 12 or 14C today.  It rained a bit early in the morning and sprinkled a few times throughout the day.  There were signs of snow up on Superstition mountain.  Some of the people here are still insisting on wearing shorts, I am not one of them.  LOL
  Marg made biscuits this morning for breakfast, a great way to start the day.  We still have some homemade jam given to us by a neighbour and that made the biscuits just that much better.  After breakfast while I was having a shower, I had a visitor.  It was one of the guys wanting to borrow my kit for installing laminate flooring, so I took it to him - after I was finished shaving as he didn't wait around.  He wanted to show me his project and ask some questions about installing laminate, so it took a while.
  When I returned, Marg was finished her morning routine and ready to hit the road.  We went out to Costco for a few things as I needed fuel.  The price on fuel with our membership card was $2.39 / gallon; the best I have seen around here.  I got a couple pair of jeans, they are Buffalo jeans, so Marg was impressed they were priced less than Levi's.  I also got a pair of zip-off pants, but they are going back.  We got tuna [Marg's main reason for going], mango salsa, tomato basil soup and another bottle of scotch, even though the last one is still unopened.
  When we got back home it was tomato basil soup for lunch with the remaining biscuits.  It was really good.  I went to play pool and Marg went out to Ross's and got a couple things.  I ended up playing on the A table and didn't embarrass myself.  In fact at one point there were only two of us in the room and I beat Joe in one game, something that doesn't happen often.  There was a pizza party for a guys birthday, but as I had already eaten, stayed to play pool.  The place filled up in about an hour and the rest of the day the table was 4 of us.
  We made it to happy hour today, again no one was in short pants.  There were about 20 people, so a smaller group.  It was light hearted and conversation was good.  There are a couple of groups doing things for the talent show and I think Doris is organizing something as several people were over to see her,  I will not be in the talent show, even though I was asked and had consented to as I was tied up last week when they were preparing the act for it.  After discussing it with the organizer of our group and offering to step aside, the leader said that would be fine and give me more opportunity to take pictures.
  Supper was a tuna casserole, something we both enjoy and Marg was craving.  Although I like it, I have never craved it.  I reserve my cravings for chocolate and scotch.  After supper we went to Walmart as I have been looking for a magnifying glass and Marg wanted frozen strawberries to put on the cake she made yesterday.  We picked up both and couple other things and that was our day.  It's funny that doing something after supper seems to be late in the day here.  I think it's mainly because it gets dark so early and if we do go out the lack of street lighting makes it seem that much later.
  Not sure if I have mentioned it previously, but the voice command we have on our TV remote control is still very new here.  I have shown it to a few people who seemed impressed.  Using it, we can ask for a channel number, a network name or a program by name, pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the weather warms up for you soon. Yes the voice command TV remote control is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your temps are very similar to ours.. get how high tech you are x

    ReplyDelete