Wednesday 20 February 2019

Wednesday, Feb 20th

Now I know you are tired of hearing it was a cooler day, but today was the first time I have had to scrape the frost on my windshield to go golfing.  At home it would have been a - Go back to bed and wait for a warmer day.  I picked up another fellow in the park, actually one of the guys I played with yesterday and we went out to Apache Sun.  The practice putting green was frost covered, so the ball just skidded along.  I was in the first group out and they were fun.  I hit the ball well, always do at Apache Sun.  My score was OK, but could have been better.  On #8, I hit a chip shot to the front of the green that landed in a sprinkler head hole.  Now I counted that stroke and hit another on to the green, but technically I think I holed out.  Laugh if you want, but you try and put the ball in that 8 inch hole with a PW.
  Marg did some laundry this AM.  As the sun came out it was actually quite nice on the patio out back of our place.  There was a bit of a breeze, so good drying weather.  Well that and tomorrow is supposed to rain [in the valley].  In the high country they are talking about snow in terms of a few feet tomorrow.  As you know we have mountains to the north and east of us.  Well those in the northeast are snow covered on top, while the ones straight north or east have none, it all depends on elevations.
  When I got back we had a nice lunch of planned-overs and freshly baked in the oven crescent rolls.  The planned-overs were the last of the tuna casserole which was still very good. 
  After lunch I went to play pool.  On the way I noticed a couple recovering some chairs, so I stopped to ask if they could use an air tool stapler.  They thought it a good idea, so I went back to get the cart to take them the compressor, staplers and staples.  Today I played on the C table, but we had a few laughs and it was all good.  There was an opportunity to play with a group of better players, but I always play with anyone and stay with a group.  There are a couple of guys here who are always looking to play at the "best" table and readily move to do that, but it doesn't go over real well.
  Marg went out to get some groceries.  We needed a few things, but the main reason for the shopping trip was to get the things she needs to compete in the big Chili Cook-Off on Saturday.  This will be a first for her.  There are 5 or 6 entrants this year and she has entered because she enjoys cooking and challenges in that area.  She has some creative ideas, as do all the entrants, but I can hardly wait to eat the end result.
  Supper tonight was the baked potato bar at the clubhouse.  They bake these massive potatoes and provide a whole array of condiments for them as well as bowls of chili.  It was very well attended and much more of a meal than most people realize.  They are great potatoes too.  It was funny, we sat with some different people and someone mentioned that we usually sit in another area.  We like to think we sit with anyone and the folks we sat with are ones we very friendly with.  I guess that is how cliques develop, but we try to avoid being with only a certain group or crowd.  Human nature I guess.  Anyway the food was good as was the company.  In fact the lady next door sat with us as well and met some new people.  Some of Margs mother hen work, no doubt.  When we got home Marg made me a bowl of ice cream with a brownie and strawberries, it was fabulous.
  After supper I went to play poker.  Marg had a visitor, the guy with the air tools doing upholstery.  Poker was a lot of fun & laughs tonight.  I won a few hands early on and though-out the evening.  Both financially and spiritually better than last week.
  CIAO!
 

2 comments:

  1. You certainly had an action packed day. It sounds like you may have cheated yourself out of a free drop on #8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frost! Argh even we are up to +18 this week .....

    ReplyDelete