Sunday 3 February 2019

Sunday, Feb 3rd

Superbowl Sunday, the whole country is excited about the big football game tonight.  For our part we really aren't fans unless it involves a party of some sort.  It rained too hard last night and today to even consider an outdoor party, so although it is on right now we are not watching.  The big news on TV tonight was the final round of the Phoenix [Waste Management] open and Ricky Fowlers big win.  I think he must have taken a chipping lesson from yours truly when he put it over the green and in the water for a triple bogey.
  We were a bit slow getting active this morning, but as luck would have it Marg made a monkey bread last night.  When she went to bake it, the dough had risen much higher than usual.  The reason was they were out of the dough balls she uses, so she picked up a pack of large sized ones.  As she is quite resourceful, she just picked off enough and put them in a second pan and they both came out just fine.  Always a nice way to start the day.
  I used the morning to get a tee time at Johnson Ranch for next Monday when Blake is here.  He suggested we play a course that was new to both of us and the that was what I did.  Some friends of mine played there last week and they rated it well, in fact it is a bit more proper than what I normally play.  Phil will be pleased to hear they have a dress code, absolutely no denim, golf shirts with collars, so should be a nice course.  I tried to book on line, without success, so called the pro shop.  She cautioned that the rate would not be the same as on-line.  The surprise was that it was $3 less and there was no extra fee that is charged when paying on-line.
  With the heavy rains my drainage at the eaves was running over.  There are wind storms here in the summer that often fill the gutter with dirt and vegetation plugging the downspouts.  As soon as the rain eased off I got out the step ladder and poked around until I cleared it.  Time will tell how successful I was, but it seemed to be draining better.
  After lunch we went out to the Superstition mall where Marg went to TJ Max.  She was looking for a couple of things.  I went and sat in the nice big easy chairs in by the food court and read my pocket book.  On the way back we stopped at the super Walmart on Signal Butte.  We needed a few groceries, a birthday card, some bath products as well as adding service to Margs' cell phone. It's the one we allow to lapse every year, so I bought the minimum [120 minutes/90 days] for $20.  That will take us beyond our scheduled return to Canada date.
  I was checking emails and other online stuff today and I saw that one of the people here has used one of the pictures I took on Friday as her FB profile pic.
  Supper tonight was largely cooked on the new cast iron grill thing.  That means I don't know what it's called; much like the wall hanging with the mirror.  The thing worked very well and supper was delicious. I have included a pic so you won't be left guessing what it is.  You can see the nice grilling marks it puts on what is cooked.  The only negative was the turnip did not fit on it, as you can see it was maxed out.

2 comments:

  1. I see that Blake is looking to remove any home course advantage. Don’t get any ideas for your next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pan....looks fab! Sounds like your going to have a great time when Lanny & co arrive x

    ReplyDelete