Saturday 2 February 2019

Groundhog Day 2019

Well the groundhog never saw his shadow, so we are in for an early spring.  I'm certain this is great news for everyone in the colder climes.  In Arizona it likely means temperatures moving up into the 80's, but we'll see.  We have some lower temps and rain in the forecast.  The daytime highs will still be in the mid to high teens [Celsius], so we should be able to handle that.
  Marg's day started off with a couple friends stopping by to go to a couple of park sales near here.  They were going in a golf cart, so Marg drove ours to go with them.  Golf carts are legal on public roads in Arizona, with certain conditions.  Ours has a button on the brake pedal that activates the lights on the back of the cart and being LED they show up real well.  They went to Sierra Leone & Shiprock and she came back with a cast grill pan and a good sized coil of pex water line.  She only paid a dollar for the water line, so a great deal.
  I went for a bike ride with Gary.  We were few in number this morning and just went down to Idaho and back, making about 6 miles.  The weather was a bit cooler, so a nice day to ride.  We rode past the parks the girls went to and there were cars everywhere.  After I got back, I went for water, our cooler bottle was empty as was our 2 1/2 gallon jug.  It's 25 cents a gallon at the outlet I use and while there are cheaper ones, I question how hygienic some are. There is a lot of calcium in the local water, so Marg uses the smaller jug for the steamer and water for tea anything where she thinks the filtered water makes a difference.  On the way back I stopped at 4 sons and got a couple lottery tickets Powerball $191 million, Mega Millions $131 million.  They say it only takes one to win, so that's all I buy.
  I had a nice phone call with Blake when I got back and now I need to try and get tee times for whne he is here.  I was working on the front step railing as it's getting a little loose.  I have it tightened up but I think is headed for a major overhaul next time.
  Marg went for lunch at Patti's place.  Every year she has a Groundhog Day lunch for a handful of ladies, I think Marg said there were about 15 today.  Wait I know you are all concerned about me and my lunch.  Well let me ease your concern it was a cheese sandwich followed up with a slice of a very nice lemon loaf Marg bought at the bake sale.  Her friend who is originally from England made it and it was good.
  When Marg got back we went out to Home Depot.  We bought a gallon of paint.  I need to repaint the wall where I pulled it apart when we had the water leak.  Apparently when I put it back together there are some re-construction blemishes or areas on two walls.  I appears there may be other areas requiring re-painting, so a quart would not do and once you go over that you are pretty much better off with a too much gallon.  It took about 20 minutes to get the paint mixed and shaken so we wandered about the store a bit.  So I also got a pack of 5 Tupperware boxes for $8 that will allow some organization of all the bits and pieces in the shed.
  We made it back to the park just in time for happy.  I sat next to Kenny and much of the conversation was about the impending election for the association executive.  The treasurer and secretary have advised they will not stand for re-election.  There seems to have been an unusual amount of negativity about it from a couple of people who thought them to be irreplaceable and we all know no one is.  With the change in treasurer I will be completing a financial review and sending the board a report.  One individual has been saying something like - just wait till Dave sees this, he won't stand for it.  A rumour I have been actively trying to dispel.  Kenny is the chair of the nomination committee so he will present a slate of candidates and conduct an election if required.  I am pretty certain it is - Much ado about nothing!
  Supper in tonight and it was very good.
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad the Ground Hog did his bit for the weather... Sounds like a long bike ride to Idaho lol x

    ReplyDelete