Sunday 24 February 2019

Sunday, Feb 24th

The day started out with the clouds gone, so a bit cool, but warmed quickly as the sun rose through the day.  I'm not certain what the temp got to, but at one time in the truck I noticed it was 18C, so 65F, a nice day.  The wind was cool when we were under the carport, but out back on the patio it was gorgeous.  The snow has already started melting on the mountains and there are waterfalls everywhere up there.
  I went to the church service this morning and it was well attended.  I'm not certain if the hymns were easier or peoples favourites, but the congregation did themselves proud with their singing.  Me well not so much, just following along or humming.  LOL
  When I got back Marg had started some laundry and had some out on the back patio drying.  She also had the floor swept and washed, so a busy morning and it was only half over.  I had a patch filler that is supposed to be waterproof and for either inside or out to put on the bottom of the air box where the leaks occurred.  It is an acrylic base, so I have big expectations.  It was thick like paste and I dumped it all on the bottom and leveled it with a broad putty knife.  The directions said 24 hrs to dry, but it will likely take a bit longer to dry as I applied it pretty thick.  Fingers crossed.  I put in new air filters and it is all back together.
  Lunch today was light as we planned dinner out, both to celebrate and for a break from a day and some of intense cooking 14 quarts of chili.  So we had some peach salsa and had nachos.  The ones Marg got are really good, very different than home.  They are advertised as restaurant chips and are thicker than any I have seen at home, better tasting too.  She intended to have guacamole, but the avocado had gone bad.  Funny it looked fine on the outside, but as soon as she cut it, yuck.  I eat the stuff, but no big loss.
  In the afternoon I discovered we had taken in water in the Arizona room.  I thought I had sealed the base of the wall last year and it was OK where I did that.  Unfortunately there was an area between the shed and Az room that is difficult to reach, so I left it.  The good news was the area of wet carpet is small and confined to the area along the wall.  I opened the windows and put a fan on it for a couple hours and it was already looking much better.  While Marg continued with laundry I went out to wash the truck.  It was splashed from driving during the rain, but nothing like we get at home.  It's just that I have to remember to use the rinse agent or the water speckles it so bad after washing.  When I got back I vacuumed it, the front step and the golf cart.  Marg wiped down the railings, the golf cart and anything else not moving.  LOL
  On my way to take the garbage, I passed Kenny & Paul out back of his pickup with the end gate down.  I stopped and Kenny had a new pistol.  It's in the six shooter style and nickel plated, a cool looking piece of shooting iron.  He had another one just like it but with a few significant variations. The new one just flips the cylinder down and it is really quick to load.  Apparently he had an interesting time negotiating the purchase as he also traded an automatic pistol on it.
  By then it was supper time and we went to Appleby's.  We had a gift certificate from some favours we did, so wanted to use it.  It was a coincidence, but we both ordered the same thing, well except I had a beer and our sides were different.  The food is always good there.
  We got back home just in time for ice cream social  As usual Marg had the bowl of ice cream and cake, me - you know it, the banana split.  While we were gabbing a fellow came up to ask if I wanted to play pool after.  He had a few guys who were going to play after.  Drove Marg home and picked up my cue.  Heck he had enough that we had all 3 pool tables going and had lots of laughs.  A great way to end the day.

2 comments:

  1. Happy there wasn't too much water damage to your Arizona room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your still God bothering and survived the big flood x

    ReplyDelete