Saturday 9 February 2019

Saturday, Feb 9th

The nights a chilly this time of year, so no use telling you that, but the day warmed up to be pleasant.  The sun was conspicuous in it's absence, but still a decent day.
  I started my day taking in the breakfast at the clubhouse, something I have not been doing of late.  It was Lynett's crew so I felt honour bound to support it.  When I got there a couple of golfing friends in the kitchen, one making french toast, the other blueberry pancakes.  Now I am not often stuck with making a choice, but those are two of my fav's.  What to do, so I had one of each, perfect.  I shared my pancake syrup with another golfing friend.
  Back at home, Marg had a start on the housekeeping for the day with some laundry on the go, as she wanted to clean the place up; I guess.  I helped a bit, ran the vacuum over the place and scrubbed the shower and tub.  These are two of the jobs that cause the most difficulty for her back.  After vacuuming she washed the floors and did some dusting.  Anyway we had the place in pretty good shape at the end.
  The morning past quickly and after a sandwich for lunch I had an orange.  The ones Marg got this week are unbelievably good.  It's one of the things I really enjoy about Az, we just don't get fruit that good at home.
  After lunch I went to play pool for a bit.  Played with the same guy as yesterday and another fellow who has been around here quite a few years.  They were good games and we had some laughs.  Marg went out to pick up a few things.  She wanted to get some toys and a balloon for Easton as well as a couple things for Lannie when she arrives.  The balloon had a picture of a big waving Mickey Mouse.
  We left for the airport about 4 o'clock, fortunately is was Mesa Gateway as our visitors were arriving on a Flair flight.  There are 3 airlines flying out of Edmonton to this airport now.  It's very handy to where we are, only about 15 minutes.  While we were waiting Marg had the floating balloon and there were lots of little kids coming through the arrival gate.  It was funny to see how many started heading over to her.  Anyway Lannie came through well ahead of the rest and young Easton was really impressed with the balloon.  After looking at the amount of luggage, it was a good thing we met them.  LOL
  I plugged the vacation home address into the GPS and it was quite a ways out south, farther than I have previously been.  I think it was further than they expected.  The place turned out to be quite nice.  I went over and turned up the pool heater, from 74 to 78 and with Brent pulled the pool blanket over it to help conserve the heat.  No one in our park would even go in the pool at 78, they would want at least 80, so we'll see.  They got everything unloaded and I had some water bottles and a few cans of beer, they were happy to see.
  From there we went out for supper.  There was a nice boutique-ish place but the line ups were killer long, so we went to Denny's.  That little guy was amazing, at 18 months he is pretty much feeding himself.  He is funny.  Made a bit of a mess and when Julia was cleaning it up, he said "Oh No!" about 3 or 4 times.  We just cracked up.  He went right to Marg and actually was really good with me.  He gave us both a kiss goodbye when we left them to go home.  That is the only unfortunate thing, they are about 30 minutes south of us.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your off to a great start, look forward to hearing about all the fun ahead this week x

    ReplyDelete