Sunday 17 February 2019

Sunday, Feb 17th

The chilly weather that was forecast was here today.  I think it got up to about 14C today and a cool wind blew most of the day.  Not too bad considering they had some snow up in the high country and are expecting snow as low as 3,000 feet tomorrow.  I think they said around 6 inches or more above 5,000 ft.
  I went out for the worship service in the clubhouse this morning.  It was a smaller group today, about 20 or so.  One couple had their granddaughter and another fellow had a couple from home visiting.
  Marg did laundry this morning because it is forecast to rain tomorrow.  As she air dries and the sun was out on the patio, it seemed like as good as it gets this week.  Then she did housework to spruce the place up.  Even though the place is small it can get pretty dusty at times.
  We had a facetime with Charlene this morning and got to see her new Shark vac, pretty cool.  Then we had another one with Bill and Patti.  We were hoping to catch Kennedy, but apparently she had a late night and was not up and about yet. 
  After lunch I went out and spent some time in the shed.  I have a parts shelving unit and there are about 6 drawers of screws, all mixed up.  Kind of frustrating to try and get ones you want when its like that, so I dumped them out and sorted them by type and use to make it easier to find the ones I want.  I did a bit of work on the downspouts and drains from the eaves to deal with some of the concerns I saw during the last storm.
  We had a great steak on the bbq with baked potato for supper.  No desert tonight as we went for ice cream social.  The pastor's wife sat at our table and I suspect may have been recruiting for a couple of weeks from now.  She will be making breakfast stuff for the fellowship after the service and had asked that I mention it to Marg that she was welcome.  Pretty sure that is not happening.  LOL  Oh yes, Marg had the dish of ice cream with cake, me just the banana split. Two of the guys who play golf sat at our table, they also had an ulterior motive. It seems I am playing on Tuesday at San Marco.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the FaceTime... was great to catch up after your busy week. x

    ReplyDelete