Saturday 19 January 2019

Saturday, Jan 19th

The day started off with me screaming.  My back was sore from the golf yesterday, so Marg put one of her Salon Pas heat patches on it.  Well before my shower I asked her to take it off as I couldn't reach it.  My back is quite hairy, so she just ripped it off.  Well the pad came off covered with hair and I have a nice square bald patch where it was.  Now I know what waxing is like and from now on will be using the heating pad only.
  Then my job was driving Marg and two friends to a couple of park sales.  The first was a smaller park but they got some good deals.  The second was Rancho Mirage, one we go to every year because it is such a huge sale and they have good junk.  The ladies were buying stuff at a pretty good rate and while they walked along, I kept moving the truck.  Marg did amazingly well with the amount of walking today.  She also got a few good deals, the one she was most pleased with was a floor cleaner like a swifter that she can use at home.  It also had a gallon of the cleaner, all for something like $10.   Most of the sellers were looking to get rid of stuff and priced it well.  Me, well I did get out of the truck a couple of times, but only bought at one where I got a cool sheath knife, a ball small peen hammer and a small pipe wrench [all for $5].  I read quite few chapters in my pocket book today.  That was pretty much the morning, with us returning to our park around 11:30. 
  When I got back I went out for water as our water cooler bottle was empty.  Marg spent the time getting our supper chopped up and in the slow cooker.  A nice chicken dinner with potatoes and vegetables.
  In the afternoon I played pool.  Had some great games and played with some fun guys who are also good competition.  Marg went out for mail and that entails visiting in the park.  She had a facetime with Vanessa and had a few visitors so a busy afternoon.
  A funny thing happened yesterday.  I received an email that was a joke from a friend in GP.  The email still had the names of previous senders and recipients.  For some reason I started looking at them and saw a name that looked like someone I used to work with at NWT,  I clicked on it asking "are you the Alan I know".  Well what a coincidence, he wrote back confirming he was and asking if I was still in GP.  The last time I saw this guy was before we moved to GP in 1989.  Still blows me away when I think what a huge coincidence this was.
  We went to happy as it was just down the road today.  The host was a guy I often play poker and pool with.  It was well attended today and there were 2 or 3 couples who are new in the park.  They are in RV's and her for anywhere from days to a month.  Marg was telling pretty much anyone about the heat patch experience from the morning.  Well it got a few laughs.
  We had an invitation to go out for supper, but it was already prepared, so supper was from the slow cooker and it was excellent.  After supper I printed off the December financials for the condo back home.  It is year end and they need the financial review report to add to the agenda for the annual general meeting next week.  This is something I have been doing for the last 3 years.
  A bit later in the evening we a couple drop in.  They were walking and got to talking.  It was chilly so we invited them in to finish the chat.
  Happy MLK long weekend.  He was one of my heroes, especially his "I have a dream" speech.  The world needs more people like that man.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a painful bit of waxing
    ..... hope the back feels better xx

    ReplyDelete