Friday 18 January 2019

Friday, Jan 18th

A beautiful day in the valley of the sun.  The daytime high temp I saw was 21C, so shorts and shirt sleeves were the order of the day.
  We got organized early today.  Marg made a pan of monkey bread and that is what I had for breakfast.  She also sent a plate of it for Blanke's, took some to Janice next door and then gave some to Linda.  It was very good and everyone seemed to appreciate it as a great start to their day.
  I left here about 8:45 to play golf at Encanto with Gerry.  The traffic was good except after the 51 highway and through the tunnel, but hey this is the 5th largest city in America.  The course was busy but not jammed, so our round took right around 4 hours.  My game was OK, started off real well, but hit some rough spots that reflected on the score card. I tried my 60 degree wedge a few times and it was not a what I would call successful.  Must think about lessons with this part of the game.  We played with two other singles and they were both pretty good golfers.  The older fellow was good, the other guy was really hyper.  Good golfer, but we found out he was a medical marijuana user and I am pretty certain a recreational user as well from his constant chatter and demeanor.
  Marg did housework today and had lots of visitors.  When the weather gets this nice the park is really active with people moving about and stopping to chat.  She must have got a lot done as the place was very clean when I got home.  Oh I stopped for fuel on the way home while I was still in Phoenix.  The price of gasoline is about 20 cents a gallon less than here in AJ.  I paid $2.39 per US gallon.
   The return trip was not as busy as the morning because I missed the rush hour.  I was back at Carefree in the middle of the afternoon. When I got back it was about 3 and needed to get ready for the dinner in the hall. It has had several names in past years, but just Patti's dinner this year.  The dinner was a porkchop with mashed and green beans.  It was quite good and nice to see 113 people signed up for it.
  After dinner we went to Gary & Linda's for a few wobbly pops.  They had a pretty good group and Gary put out his propane fire pit.  It's identical to the one we have, so a pleasant evening around the fire.

3 comments:

  1. Rush hour traffic for you retired people makes me smile... need to get you on the M6 lol
    Photos from the dinner looked great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny. This is the 5th largest city in the U.S. and the downtown area around the tunnel is 8 lanes wide each full of cars and trucks going 65 mph. So while you have a good point, the traffic here can be challenging.

      Delete
  2. You do ever so well considering you live in the sticks these day xx

    ReplyDelete