Monday 21 January 2019

Monday, Jan 21

A bit breezy today, well at times it was downright windy. 
  I got organized early enough to go for a bike ride, there were three of us today.  We made close to 5 miles, so a good ride, well for me anyway.  It sounds like we could have a few more tomorrow, but we never know until departure time.
  After I got back I had a meeting with the group working at the Pub night on Saturday.  It seems we are just about ready.  My job will be the same as last year, I will run the darts event.  I think there will be 7 events in all, some the same as last year, but a couple new ones.  It gets a little frantic in the room at times with people coming and going, cheering, hooting; but a lot of laughs.  They want us to make it as much fun as possible, not that it wasn't last year, but it is not all about winning.  Kind of funny the one lady in the group had a bit of a WHAT moment when Malcolm announced that, but it passed quickly after he told them I was wearing a bow tie.  I needed a back stop for the darts and knew someone left a couple of large pieces of sheet rock [drywall] by the dumpster.  Unfortunately someone put them in the dumpster this morning, so I had to borrow a step ladder so I could dumpster dive.  I got one and the red nose guy brought me another, so I should be good.
  Marg made scallop potatoes in the slow cooker before she went for a ride around the park and by now you know that involves visiting.  She was back at the trailer by the time I returned, so we headed out to pick up a few things I needed.  There is a Party City not far from here and we expected they would have what we needed.  I picked up a hat, bowtie, a whistle on a cord, a mustache and for a friend a red nose.  Stay tuned for pictures of Saturday night.  It was a little past lunch, so we stopped at Jack In The Box for lunch.  They had an all day breakfast which by coincidence we both picked.  It was pretty darn good:  3 slices of bacon, scrambled eggs, a hash brown and a bunch of bite sized pancakes with coffee.  I think it was around $5.  The hash brown pattie was even good, not like McDonalds.
  Back at the park I went to play pool.  I played with the red nose fellow and one other, but they were fun to play today.  The other tables seemed to be more serious than us, but to each their own.  It seems I had a A game again today, but its probably I'm not playing the best guys in the park and these fellows are not worried about what they leave for my shot.
  In between times I have been doing my job at the condo back home.  The annual financial reports are complete and I am the audit committee, well have been for 3 years.  I finished my review and wrote my report to the board.  The annual general meeting is Wednesday, so none too soon.  Well I went to happy today too, although I was late, but in time for cake.  It was one ladies 39th anniversary of her 39th birthday.  Nice lady, she is a retired nun and her sister with her husband have a place in the park here.  Supper tonight was cutlets and scallop potatoes, very nice.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got a bow tie... LOl’d about you suns tee diving ...

    ReplyDelete