Tuesday 22 January 2019

Tuesday, Jan 22nd

Another chilly day in AJ, it was 42 [about 5C] this morning.  So what do you do with a day like that, well me; I made oatmeal or porridge.  To me it seems a good way to start the day with something warm and we enjoy rolled oats on a cold morning.
  There were 5 of us who rode bikes today.  We had a new leader and he took us out west, so we sort of rode backwards on our normal route with a few side trips that I had not been on before.  Being a chilly morning, I layered and had 3 layers on and it was quite pleasant.  He said it was about he same distance as going east, but I doubt it, should have checked the odometer before we left.  We were a long way past the school on Mountain, so we made at least 8 miles today.  The big difference was it was downhill most of the way out and uphill on our return.  When we got back I knew we had a workout, I needed a rest and a shower.
  Marg went out to get a few things and came back with a new bathing suit and some flip flops.  When she got back she made biscuits and soup for lunch and they were great. 
  After lunch she went to Safeway.  There seem to be lots of specials right now, like steaks but we have lots of meat in the freezer from the good deals she found before Christmas.  We may seem to shop a lot here, but we buy smaller quantities as we don't have the ability to store as much as we do at home.  I played pool this afternoon.  I got in at a table of very good players, so even though I had good games did not fare as well as yesterday. 
  On my return to our place I stopped at Lynett's where our golf cart was parked.  It turned out that her daughter bought her a new recliner/rocker and it was in back of her jeep.  One of Marg's buddies and I took the old chair apart and took it down to the dumpsters.  Then we got the new one out of the jeep, uncrated it and took it in her trailer.  Her daughter also reupholstered the dinette chairs and they looked great.
  Marg passed on happy again today as she didn't want to take a chance after just getting rid of a cold and cough.  I went as it was on the patio.  A bit different group today, however it was as noisy as ever.  There seems to be a bit of turmoil on the tenants association executive so the outcome of the el
elections is not a foregone conclusion, stay tuned.
  Supper was at home today, leftover scallop potatoes and chicken breasts.  While Marg was cooking there was a bit of smoke in the place, so she started waving a towel to get the smoke detector stopped and all the kitchen lights went out.  I thought it was likely a breaker, but after operating all of them, I ruled that out.  After supper and an hour of trial and error and some experimenting, I determined it is a faulty switch.  It worked after a fashion and we have lights, but tomorrow will have to change out the switch.  One of the other guys in the park had a similar problem but final got an electrician to fix his problem, so I felt pretty good..
  Didn't  have all that much time so it is just working with a farmer fix as we had to go to bingo.  The money ball is $522 today, can't miss an opportunity like that.  I did manage to get a win on one game, so bingo never cost us anything tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Winner winner chicken dinner.... hope the switch is an easy fix, and your not left in the dark x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter fixed our refrigerator yesterday, in clearing out the under sink area so that I could check for power she discovered that the isolator had become switched off.

    ReplyDelete