Thursday 29 November 2018

Thursday, Nov 29th

A little cooler day so changed to long pants today, although there were still lots of guys in short pants as you know I am not the first one to do so.
  I went to the coffee Klatch this morning and just had coffee as I had eaten just prior to going.  When Lynett was handing out donuts, I told her I wasn't having one this morning, to which she said - cant afford it after last night?  I confirmed that I took such a beating that I had to quit donuts.  LOL  There was a pretty good turn-out and they asked me to give a talk on the associations facebook site.  I wasn't really prepared, but gave them a brief insight in to how it works with the two accounts.
  When I got back Marg was up and about and ready to go out.  I had told her I wanted to go for a haircut today, so she thought she would get in a bit of retail therapy.  The barber shop is on Power rd, close to Superstition mall, home of TJMax, one of her fav's.  After dropping Marg off, I went to get the Mexicans to chop off some of my hair.  I had a young fellow who I had not seen before, but he did a good job and even Marg thought it was OK.  I stopped in a Vans golf shop next door to look around and always end up looking at drivers.  They had some of this year models they were clearing out at a discount of $100 or better.  Nice clubs, but a tad pricey at $300 and I didn't think my game was at that level where it would help.
  Back to the mall where Marg had scoped out a buggy full of good deals.  I ended up adding 2 belts to her buggy, a dress one and an everyday one.  They were certainly well priced.  She even bought a purse, which really surprised me as it usually takes a couple of years to make that decision and she just bought one last fall.  I don't believe 2 purses have ever been purchased in such rapid succession before.
  By then it was around noon, so we decided on lunch out today.  I thought there was a Ruby Tuesday's at the mall, but it must have closed and some kind of pizza place is there now.  There was a cheesecake factory there, but that didn't seem to appeal, so we went to Soup or Salad.  You can pretty well guess what lunch was.  Marg was happy, she always likes to eat what food eats.  LOL  In fairness it's a pretty popular place for lunch and the food is OK if you like that kind of thing.
  She had been looking for a beauty supply store called Sally something or other.  Apparently they were recommended as a place most likely to have what she was looking for.  As luck would have it, the store was across the road from the restaurant so I got an opportunity to read my book while sitting in the truck for a while.  She came out with a small bag, so it seems another successful stop.
  Then on to home where she made something like a chicken stew in the slow cooker while I worked on updates to the association FB site here in the park.  There was the December calendar and some posts for ice cream social [starts next week] and breakfast on Saturday.  I also had more information on the Christmas party, so updated that event as well.  Time just slips by and it was time to go for happy.  Today it was at Garry & Patti's, so a must go.  They have a large patio out back and a bar that looks like a road-side fruit stand.  I think they had about 35 or so today.  Probably the largest one yet.  Lorraine is next door and she was there, so we were able to tell her that we had to decline her invitation for supper tomorrow night.  They are from Montana and he had bought a whole pig, so they were doing a pig roast and invited us.  She expressed her disappointment saying something about fun guy or was that fungi?  We already had a commitment with some other folks to go out for supper tomorrow.  It was also a bit of a tearful farewell for the Saskatchewan couple who will be leaving tomorrow.  Well no I didn't cry, but it was a bit sad!  Tonight they were expressing sellers regret and said they think they will be back.
  Back home for supper, the chicken thing in the slow cooker was very good.  It was complimented by fresh biscuits out of the oven, always a nice treat. 
  After supper Marg went with the golf cart to pick up Lynett.  They went to Sierra Leone, the park just to the east of us, to play bingo.  It's so close they just drove the golf cart down the boulevard along the road.  They laughed, it was their first golf cart road trip.  This was a small park with a small number of players, so they were very grateful for the 3 players from here that went.  Marg & Cindy won along with 3 other players, so they got $3 each.  Lynett won on her own and got $12.  Pretty funny.  They made it back in the dark on the golf cart and believe me it is really dark as there are no street lights, it all worked out well, another road trip adventure for these two gals.

1 comment: