Sunday 18 November 2018

Sunday, Nov 18

Another nice day in the Valley.
  I got up early, well so did Marg when Gerry called to see if I wanted to golf tomorrow.  After a bite to eat I went to the worship service in the clubhouse.  Most of the people here call it the church service, but when I posted it on the FB site, pastor Don asked that I refer to it in this way.  It was well attended this morning and while I had heard that the singing was really bad, it was quite good this morning. 
  When I got back I messed around with FB a bit as I was having problems yesterday.  Something has happened that causes problems trying to go from one identity to another.  Never got is solved, so I was ready to take it to the Geek squad at Best Buy, but after a facetime with Charlene & Katie, things looked somewhat better, so decided not to just yet.  We moved over to google chrome and it seemed to help, so the problem is not quite as annoying.  We also had a facetime with Bill & Patti, nice to keep in touch that way.  The news on the weather at home is rarely good this time of year.
  Just before we left our neighbours across the road pulled in.  Chuck & Jenn have been in that spot for about 4 years now.  We know what its like when you first get here and folks start coming by to visit when you are trying to get set up, so we left after a quick exchange.
  Marg was ready to go to Target.  We had googled where we might find Hellman mayonnaise and that is what came up.  It's just down by Superstition Mall on Power, so an area we are pretty familiar with.  It turned out they never had it, the clerk said in Arizona it is marketed under a different name., Best Foods I think.  We did pick up a few other things there, so it was not a total waste of time.
  We still needed groceries, so on the way back it was the big Fry's store on Crismon.  We picked up mainly lunch stuff.  We didn't buy it, but they had bottled water - 32 bottle packs priced at 4 for $10 and there are no deposits on the bottles here.  Small wonder the world is facing a crisis with discarded plastic.  We also got the paper as Sunday has the TV guide for the week.  This is only half the key as it only gives network, so we have to figure out which channel number matches with the network list.
  There was not a lot of the afternoon left, so we chilled for a bit.  Around a little after 5 we went out to Ihop for supper.  Marg had the fish and chips and said they were excellent.  I had a spicy chicken burger and for a side they gave me half and half onion rings and fries, a novel idea.  It too was very good and not too spicy.  During supper Gerry called, so I am golfing tomorrow with him and a friend at Encanto.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I see a business opportunity packing all of your empty bottles home. Kerrr Ching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope we can resolve the rest of it... I sent you some messages about the pop ups and cache. Glad you were able to do some God bothering... and had a nice day x

    ReplyDelete