Saturday 3 November 2018

Saturday, Nov 3rd

Another gorgeous day in the Valley of the Sun.
  We started the day at Fry's to get enough groceries so we can start eating in more.  We had a buggy full of groceries and as Marg's U.S. Visa no longer works, oh did I forget to tell you about that.  Well it seems she entered the PIN number more than once and it froze her card.  I call Visa last night and after an hour on the phone, they are sending her a new one by courier.  At that time he assured me my card was fine, so I went to pay for the groceries.  Put the card in, entered my PIN [only once] and my card was frozen and rejected for a $200 purchase.  Had to use my Canadian dollar Visa to pay.  Aside from being embarrassed I was annoyed having been told it was fine last night.  Oh yes the cupboards & fridge are much better now.  There were some really good deals, like a pound of butter for $1.99.d
  When I got home another call to Visa and as luck would have it the same guy I spoke to last night, so only a half hour on the phone.  I used it to pay for supper last night and it was fine.  These security things the banks are doing can be frustrating.  Now they are sending me a separate courier delivery with a new card.  Then I was transferred to a customer service agent so we would not have a service charge on each transaction.  Arghhh
  The good news was we had a nice lunch with all the groceries on hand.
  After lunch I went and played pool.  As luck would have it the fellow I played had not played in a while, so we had good games.  I've played Bob many times in the past and we have a bit of fun in the process.  Marg went out to the ranch market where she gets fabulous deals on fruits and vegetables, then to Safeway where she filled another buggy.
  After we went for a bit of a ride with the cart around the park, stopping to chat with a couple of friends from Saskatchewan who are here for the month, having sold their 5th wheel.  They are going to start going to Mexico instead.  She is going with the gamblin gals on Monday as it will be Nancy's last trip to the Fort.  It will be both a fun and sad day for all the gals.  There are a couple of guys riding tomorrow, but I have no bike I can use as both have flat tires.  I guess I should have worked on that today instead of playing.
  It was on to Happy hour at Lynette's place where there was a pretty good crowd.  We had to leave quickly as our golf cart battery was dying.  It seems we have a problem with the batteries not staying charged.  It seems to be fine and then fades quickly.  I have fully charged it about 4 times now and it is starting to look like 6 new batteries may be required. 
  I seem to be having a problem with the concrete beside the AZ room, it is crumbling.  I think my neighbour might be allowing his water conditioner to purge in that area.  As the discharge is salty water, that my be the culprit.  Will have to have a conversation with him I guess.
  Supper tonight was a BBQ with some nice steak and baked potatoes, another benefit of the grocery shopping today.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have settled in like you never left ... hope the gambling girls have a nice time Monday x

    ReplyDelete