Sunday 4 November 2018

Sunday, Nov 4, 2018

A busy day, it really started about 1:30 this morning with Marg waking me to tell me she heard water running.  It took a while for it to register and even then I didn't hear it.  Checked around outside first, then in the trailer finally found an area where the sound was faint, but after putting my ear right to the wall located the source.  It was too late to do anything other than turn the water to the place off at the pedestal until morning.  Marg's comment after this was that now this should be the final word on how good her hearing is.
  In the morning Marg made a monkey bread.  She forgot her recipe at home, so had to google for one that looked like hers.  While she was doing this, I pulled the wall apart, then had her go turn the water back on.  A fine spray confirmed it was in the hallway behind the walls and coming from the shower taps.  The cause was a bad connection where a plastic fitting had been screwed into the brass fitting on the tap body.  Rather than used Teflon tape whoever did the repair years ago used some type of adhesive.  Incredible but true.
  Marg took a chunk of it to Nancy and her daughter and a second piece to Janice next door.  No wonder she is so popular around here.  LOL  After I finally got a piece of it, I went to Best Hardware where I really lucked out.  The guy who helped me was just excellent, he managed to break the plastic fitting up and remove it, then chased the threads to make sure they were in good order.  After that he got me a Shark Bite fitting to turn in to the valve body to match with the Pex water line.  He declined any payment for his help with thanks for patronizing the store.  What a great experience.  The fitting was perfect and the repair was quickly finished.  The wall is still open to let it dry out and I sprayed a treatment to prevent mold .  Water crisis solved, it was time to shower.
  We went out to the big Mesa marketplace right after where I traded books with the old gal.  I must have bought books from her for more than 8 years now, anyway she seemed to recognize me and directed me to what she thought were the best selections.  Then it was up to look at 2 battery suppliers, one advising me to go with better batteries the other to buy the ones we have now for about $150 less than the quality ones.  Then it was off to Costco where Marg picked up a few things, including a nice bottle of Irish single malt and some stuff to eat.
  We  headed back home as we had frozen food.  Marg invited Nancy & Lynette for supper after happy hour as Nancy and her daughter don't have a car and have been living off sandwiches.  In the time remaining of the afternoon, Marg did some housework and then some food preparation.  Me I worked on cleaning up the wall pieces so I could reassemble it.
  Happy Hour was at Nancy's as she wanted to host one last time.  The turnout was pretty good and we got a few nice photos for her.  It was a little emotional for her as she has really enjoyed her 20 years in the park.
  Marg made margaritas when the gals got here.  Supper was BBQ hamburgers, caesar salad, chips and a dessert she picked up at Costco.  A fun evening for the ladies.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the fix, and Moms sharp hearing! Sad to see Nancy leave the parking Im sure... glad you were able to see her this week, and have some quality time together xx

    ReplyDelete