Wednesday 28 March 2018

Wednesday, March 28th

A nice day even if it started a bit windy and cool.  When I say cool I mean for here, not for home so I still work shorts today.
  It was our golf day for the park, so Gerry came and he drove to Apache Sun where we play.  There was a good size group this morning and we were picked to go out in the first foursome.  The game started off a bit rocky, but we got it together by the third hole, in fact I got a par there.  Then it was on to #4 where we putt for cash.  Well Gerry & I had long ones that we missed, mine was about 20ft and I left the ball within a foot of the hole.  The other couple with us [Joe & Sandi] both missed their putts that were less than 3 feet, as did everyone else today, so this purse is a carry-over to the fall.  On the closest to the pin on #7 none of us were on the green, although my tee shot was right in front because it plugged in the soft approach area.  My score was OK, but I think I must have used up all my mojo for this week.
  When I got back Marg was still out at water aerobics.  They had 6 ladies today, the ones that are still hanging in here.  The pool was great and the ones still here are fun people.  When she got back we had french toast for lunch, always a favourite of mine.  I always eat all of mine with cinnamon & syrup on, but Marg eats most of hers just as it comes from the frying pan, i.e.: without anything.  When I say most, she always has the last little bit with syrup.  She's odd, don't you think?
  In the afternoon I went to play 8 ball.  Got in a tough game at first and then when they left I got in another challenging game.  That's the thing about this place, most everyone is welcoming and enjoy a bit of humour.  For example in the first group there is one older guy who is a veritable shark, but loves to laugh.  I think he dumbs his game down for us sometimes, but other times we give him a good run.  The second is a black man who tends to be very serious about the game, but kids around with me a bit, even though his sense of humour is very dry.  The third guy fancies himself the guy in charge of pool room, but I have done enough stuff for him that he lightens up.  It all makes for a good experience even if the pool is challenging.
  Marg went out to get a pedi-cure today.  She had a very good experience as the lady took quite a bit of extra time with her and in the end Marg was well pleased with the outcome.  The toenails look good, all trimmed and painted up.  How positive was the experience, well the size of the tip left no doubt in my mind it was. 
  When I got back we got in touch with Janice who is still missing her cats.  I googled cat pics and got a couple that look like hers, then between Marg & me we made up a LOST poster with some pics on it.  We made a few copies and Marg posted one in the breezeway between the Rec Hall & Pool Room when we went there for Happy.  We had Happy on the patio on the west side of the hall and there were about a dozen and a half of us.  We gave Janice a couple of copies sent some away to post.
  Supper tonight was Taco Bell.  The food is pretty good and very reasonable.  I think with our Seniors [Senor in Spanish?] it was around $12 and it was pretty much all we could eat.
  After supper I went to poker, where we had 5 players tonight.  I never won, but my losses were not large.  It was a bit light hearted tonight so another fun event.
LATE NIGHT NEWS FLASH - Janice just stopped over to say one of her cats has returned home, it is the black & white male, so you is in much better spirits tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news one cat returned here’s hoping for the other one x

    ReplyDelete