Tuesday 27 March 2018

Tuesday, March 27th

A bit cooler today, but still a very nice day with temperatures reaching the high 70's.
  Marg went to water aerobics and they had 5 ladies there today.  I guess the tape quit about half way through so they improvised on the routines.  From the sounds of it this was a very successful approach. They had lots of laughs and Marg said it was one of the most fun sessions this winter.
  We had a great lunch using the left over roast beef on bread with gravy.  We both enjoy leftover roast this way.  As luck would have it there were a couple of pieces of cheesecake that we had after.
  I went out with Pat, Gene & Gary after lunch to play golf at Dobson Ranch.  It's a municipal course in Mesa and they offer a heck of a deal at $36 after one o'clock and that includes power cart.  Although I have played with these guys many times, it was my first time at this course.  It is much like the other muni course we play at Encanto in many ways.  My partner and I did manage to leave a ball at a water hole today.  It was a good sized hazard right in front of the tee box, which is always my nemesis.
  Marg went with Linda, Harley & Dar to the Fort.  It was not a lucky day for her either but she had a good time with them. I guess they contributed as much as they wanted, much the way I did with golf balls. 
  When she got home our neighbour, Janice, came to see here.  She was quite upset as her two cats made a break and have not been seen today.  She is the one who is recovering from cancer and it seems she fell asleep with the door partly open and the cats took to the wide open world.  The reason for much of the concern is that until now they have been house cats and not wise in the way of the world out there and there are lots of predators. Marg spent much of what was left of the afternoon looking around the park and asking people to keep an eye out for the cats to help Janice out, but no trace of them yet.
  Then Marg went to bingo which started before I returned from the golf course.  She bought cards fro me and because I was not back, she had to play both sets.  Well it kept her busy and also concerned about the playing the more difficult patterns to watch for.  She seemed relieved to see me when I walked in the hall.  The set of cards she gave me were better than the ones she kept, but not by much as neither of us won tonight.  This was the last bingo of this winter season and the money ball was won tonight so no carry-over to the fall on bingo. 

1 comment: