Thursday 29 March 2018

Thursday, March 29th

A gorgeous day in the Valley of the Sun, reaching something like 88F/31C today.
  We both went to the coffee klatch this morning as it was the last one of this winter season.  It was brief as there were no announcements other than Easter dinner on Sunday.  The executive bought donuts this morning, so that was a big plus.  It was pretty much an opportunity to say farewell to folks.  The Bingers left this morning, not sure what time, but we said our farewells yesterday.
  Right after coffee, Marg left to catch her ride to the Fort.  This time there were only 2 of the Gamblin' Gals, even their numbers are down due to the reverse migration of the snowbirds.  That does however make two trips to the Fort this week, but both with the same result, close but no cigar.
  I did a few things around the house this morning.  One of them was trying to fix a padlock that came apart.  I think a couple of the little lock pins must be rolling around on the driveway, so it is now consigned to the scrap heap.  I had a visitor who wanted information of the travel route and weather data available on the internet to help him with planning their trip back to Saskatchewan. 
  After lunch I went to James Tire for an oil change [$16.95 with coupon] and a tire repair.  This is my second nail puncture with a slow leaking rear tire.  It may or may not be the same tire as the last one, but just makes me wonder where I am getting these.  I can scarcely remember my last flat, let alone two of them until these ones.  The puncture repair rate at $15 is pretty darn good there as well.  It's a busy shop, so I was lucky to get in on short notice.
  After I stopped at the hardware store where I bought a padlock.  I also got another concrete anchor bolt as I am going to make a second one in the back of the breezeway to use when I store the golf cart for the summer.  This way I can still have the neighbour park in our place so his car will kind of block it off from the street.  When I got back I sprayed weeds around the back patio.  I don't know how so many try to get started about every other week, don't they realize this is the desert.
  Happy hour today was at Mickey's place.  He finally got possession of his park model at the start of Happy Hour Lane [that's our street], so wanted to host tonight.  There was a good turnout and he had all kinds of finger food, made quite an occasion of it.  He certainly has a nice place and is rightly proud of it, so wanted to show it off.  Marg as usual got back a bit after 4, so came directly to happy taking the cart to get her stuff home and pick up a drink to have a Mickey's.
Cat Update - we have had a couple of false sightings on the still missing cat named Alice.  It seems there are a few in the park that are quite similar.  Lots of speculation about the number of predators here as there were:  coyotes in the dog park last night, owls in the palm trees, turkey buzzards around most days.  The search continues. 

1 comment:

  1. On the edge of my seat for. Was of the cat.... hope she comes home soon. Hey my repair on the tyre firm my screw coat £15 too... but just buying the oil for my car to DIY the oil change was £54.00 ... glad to see the gambling girls having two trips this week, she will nearly catch up with your golf trips x

    ReplyDelete