Wednesday 21 March 2018

Wednesday, Mar 21st

A gorgeous day in the Valley today, I think the temperature reached 85 in the sun.
  I went out with the group from the park this morning for the golf at Apache Sun.  Gerry & I were in the first group out and played with Stan a friend from Georgia and Steve a new fellow in the park this year.  It was a perfect day for golf and most of my game was a bit better.  I started out with a par on the first hole, a par 5 and then played reasonably well.  It was a good group to play with   I took my camera today mainly because Al was to wear his John Daly loud and proud shorts and shirt, which he showed up in.  I took the opportunity to get a few photo's and at least one picture of everyone.  We had 6 groups this morning and with our departures will not see that many out until next November or later.  A fun time.  No one won the longest putt, so it was a carry-over to next week, which will also be the last week of this group until the fall.
  Marg did a couple loads of laundry and then went to water aerobics this morning where they had about 8 ladies in the pool.  They agreed that on very hot days they will start an hour earlier as the pool is solar heated and can get almost too warm for aquatic exercise.  I guess that was not the case this morning and the pool temperature was just right.  When she returned she finished the last load of sheets and then hung them out to dry at the neighbours line.
  We had a bite of lunch and then I took a bit of a nap.  A combination of this darn cold and feeling a bit weary from the exercise I guess. Marg sat out and visited with a few people that came by.  That was pretty much the afternoon.
  At happy hour a bunch of us went down to the patio at the rec hall.  It's a nice spot with a couple tables and some nice chairs.  The group grew in size until the patio was pretty much full.  It was kind of handy as there were hamburgers in the park tonight.  So we were well positioned to be at the front of the line for Gary's famous burgers.    That too was well attended, as always.  We both had cheeseburgers and I had a bowl of chili.  Lots of people have the two patty burger, but unless you are very hungry or a big eater, it is too much.
 After burgers Marg went home and I went to play poker.  It was amazing we still had two tables for poker tonight, although they were only 4 at one and 5 at the other.  I had a bit of luck and managed to win more hands than I lost, so the crown royal bag is in good shape.

1 comment:

  1. Golfing & water aerobics... you really are living your best life x

    ReplyDelete