Thursday 22 March 2018

Thursday, Mar 22nd

It was a hot day here in the Valley.  The forecast was up to 90 F, but I think it only got to mid-80's.  Hot enough for me anyway.
  Marg went with the gamblin' gals to the Fort.  There were 5 of them today.  It was close but no cigar for Marg.  One of the other ladies was lucky and won $400, so there was some joy in the vehicle on the ride home today. 
  I got tired of feeling unwell so I phoned our travel medical insurance company today.  They were very good and gave me a claim number as well as a recommendation on 2 options right in the area. The one I chose was Nextcare Urgent Care and when I got there I had to call the insurance co to let them know where I was.  They in turn faxed the medical office, so it was all looked after. I saw an NP who diagnosed my problems as sinus related.  I was concerned that I had this for so long that it was something more serious.  It seems some of us winter visitors have not built up a tolerance for the pollen and dust here and it is particularly bad right now.  She gave me a couple of prescriptions and some other off the shelf stuff I could consider.  Fingers crossed that I can put this behind me.
  When I was picking up my prescriptions at Walmart I also got a floor jack.  It must have been right next to the pharmacy counter, LOL.  Well no but I need one so that I can lift the golf cart onto stands when we leave.  Most people here seem to do that because of the impact of the summer heat on the tires and I have to do Lynett's as well as Marg's so far.
  Marg got home about the usual time and I met her at the gate to give her a cart ride back.  It seems her hip did OK today, except for the amount of sitting.  With the warmer weather she seems to have noticed some improvement.  Fingers crossed again.
  That was about it for the day.  Had some bbq for supper and called it a day. 
  It seems the weather back home is terrible right now, so we are in no hurry to leave the sunny south.  Hope everyone around home makes out OK.

1 comment:

  1. Shame Mom didn’t win today... glad you went to see the doc hope you start to feel better soon. We had a fabulous time in London. Very different from the usual tourist spots x

    ReplyDelete