Tuesday 20 March 2018

Tuesday, Mar 20th

  A nice day in the valley. 
  An easy day for us, we slept in a bit and then took our time getting mobile.  Marg was in no hurry as she thought the day nice enough for water aerobics.  Sure enough they had close to a dozen ladies in the pool this AM.  She follows the routines that work for her and has a work-around for the ones that are a problem.  She came back from in pretty invigorated, so this approach is working for her.
  I pretty much stayed around the place.  I had good intentions, but ended up with a headache, so chilled until it passed.  When Marg got back we had a bite of lunch.  It was her left-over linguini with shrimp from the Red Lobster yesterday.  There was more than enough for both of us to have for lunch. 
  After lunch Marg went out on the cart to get the mail and ended up picking up Linda & Sadie [her Jack Russell].  I guess they made a tour of the park and had a few stops to visit various folks to see how they were doing and catch up on the news around here.  I went to play some pool. There were only 3 guys playing, so it was the only game in the place.  They are guys I quite often play, but my game was not as good as it was last week.  I think I played on about an even number of winners and losers, so good games.
  After that we had a bit of company and just sat out in the breezeway while my friend from Georgia and I had a taste of a new bottle of single malt that I picked up a week back. It's another Costco special {Kirkland] but it is an 18 yr age in sherry casks and quite nice.
  Supper was a chicken dish Marg had put in the slow cooker earlier in the day and it was quite nice.  She opted to use the slow cooker as it was a bingo night in the rec hall here in the park and there is only this and next week left.  As luck would have it Marg won twice for $30 each time.  The manager who paid her out said for her it's $40 in Canadian, which is pretty much the case with the way the dollar is now.  The really funny thing was she got her bingo on G 57 both times, so I guess that is her new lucky number for a while anyway.

1 comment: