Monday 26 March 2018

Monday, March 26th

A very nice day in the Valley except for the wind that blew most of the day. 
  Around the park we see new people every day, something unusual in this park.  We all know it is an RV park, but we only experience that rv park constant change of campers coming and going every day until this time of year.
  In the morning, I never accomplished too much, but hey that is part of the retirement paradigm.  Some days you don't have to accomplish a lot to be a success.  I did chat with two of my neighbours, both named Bob.  Oh yes, I cleaned the bbq on the back patio and that's how the chat came about, as they are both extremely chatty, so in actual fact I more listened to them.  Marg was using the bbq for a number of things later on and it was long due for a good cleaning.
  Marg went to water aerobics and had a good day in the pool. There were only four of them this morning even though the pool was at a perfect temperature.  They will continue with this for a bit yet as the four that were there will be here for a couple of weeks yet.

  For lunch something different, well not entirely, they were pancakes, but not just any ones.  If you recall our trip to Whole Foods, we had buckwheat pancakes this morning.  Buckwheat pancakes were Marg's mother's favourite and we have not had them for so long we couldn't remember the last time.  We made them according to the recipe on the bag, hoping for the best result.  The only thing we modified was adding more milk as we prefer lighter pancakes.  The other difference would have been that she made them from scratch while we used a pancake mix.  They were good and we had a pretty good stack of them by the time we finished.
  Shortly after I had to go to the hall to help with setting up the DVD player so they could play a video on the TV screens in the hall.  Jerry had committed to do this for the Pastor, but now is leaving on Wednesday.  So someone has to be able to get the presentation running on Easter Sunday.  I guess that means I will be going to the church service.
  On my way back I stopped to jack up Lynett;s golf cart as she is done with it for the season.  She flies home tomorrow morning.  She had it all tarped in and the battery cables off as well as a cable and lock on it.  Well not all of them just a couple so as to isolate the batteries to keep them from discharging.  She has her own floor jack so I lifted it and we put the jack stands under it.
  Then I went to play pool.  There were two tables going so I picked the one with the guys I knew would be fun to play.  I started out with a win, but they brought their A game today, so it was tough going.  Not sure but I may have been on the losing side more than the winning one.  The good news was it was indeed fun.
  Marg had the roast on the bbq for quite a while by the time I got back.  I helped out with the other stuff she put on it.  We missed happy today as she was busy preparing supper for company.  With it being Lynett's last day we had her and the Blanke's for supper.  It was very nice, a few good friends and dinner.  Doris had made a pie that her mother used to prepare.  It was an orange cream pie, with meringue on top. I had never had this before so it was a bit of a surprise; quite good.
  After supper we stopped over to say farewell to Stan & Judy who are leaving tomorrow morning.  Stan was my cart partner yesterday for golf and in fact we played numerous times this winter.  Safe travels my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice last visit with good friends for the season x

    ReplyDelete