Friday 30 March 2018

Friday, March 30th

We are definitely in a hot period here in Arizona, well maybe it is more normal weather for this time of year.  Regardless of which it is, we reached 90F today.  For the locals it is just nice, well include Marg in that group; while for northerners like me it is hot - but I am not complaining.
  Marg did some laundry this morning.  With it getting warm, the laundry tends to pile up fairly quickly.  She didn't wan to go out, so I went to the Mesa Marketplace to exchange my books.  I sold her 10 [granted some of them were smaller books] and got 8 new ones.  While I was there I also picked up a golf cart cover.  They generally run about a hundred dollars, but one outlet there had them for $55, but he said $50 for cash.  Then I got a California Duster at another outlet.  A couple of the guys had them instead of washing the trailer.  The way the dust builds up a guy has to do something.  The lady was very specific, you never wash it and prior to using it set it on a piece of newspaper for 48 hours. She said it has a form of wax on the fabric and while it is new it needs to air and allow the wax to be absorbed by the paper.
  When I got back we had some lunch.  After I went out for a 5 gallon bottle of drinking water for our dispenser and stopped to get a Mega Millions lottery ticket, the dream is alive.  The laundry was mainly done, but one of the drying racks fell over and a tab on one of the plastic arms broke off when it fell.  It was fortunate I still had some of the JB Weld hard plastic adhesive that I used successfully on the golf cart.  I put it together and then left it to sit while I went to play some pool.
  Marg steamed the laundry so she could put it away.  Then she vacuumed and washed the floors.  Then she vacuumed and washed the floors in the unit. With the amount of dust we have here in the air, this is a constant problem.  When I got back I tried assembling the arm on the rack and good fortune was smiling on me again.  That glue is amazing as I had to put a lot of pressure on the area around the break and it held.
  Happy hour today was at Blanke's and there were lots of folks there today, it seemed like the majority of everyone left in the park.  Well not quite, but I learned from various people there that about 4 of them there leaving for home by Monday.
  Supper tonight we went out to Long John Silvers for fish.  Being Good Friday the place was extremely busy, there was a constant line up to the door and the drive thru was about the same.  We both had the 2 piece cod that came with two side dishes and Hush Puppies.  It was pretty darn good.  I really believe if you are going to eat fish go somewhere with lots of sales so it is fresh.
  After supper Gary & Linda stopped by, as they are leaving tomorrow morning.  He wanted to see the weather sites I use for information when I travel.  Then we had a couple of single malts and called it a day.
Cat update - we were just about to go in when we heard a calico cat mewing.  It was Randy's cat, but then some people from up the street showed up.  He had a cat trap out as he was having problems.  Well as luck would have it Alice was hungry and went in to get the food he used for bait.  Janice went down there to confirm it was Alice, so she is now home safe & sound.  There will be no further cat tales.  LOL

2 comments:

  1. Cat trap?!?! Never heard that one before... so glad she’s home safe though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat traps are pretty common actually. We can go to the bylaw dept at home and they will lend us one for a couple of weeks. It is a catch and release trap.

      Delete