Tuesday 8 January 2013

Tuesday Jan 8th

A nice day in the valley of the sun.  Everyone was out and about, so any attempt to do a walk about was slowed down by all the visiting.  Nancy & Larry were taking down their Christmas lights & decorations, so I thanked them for leaving the lights for Ukrainian Christmas.  She didn't realize it, but it was all good.
  Today was one of the days Az propane are in the park, so we had to stick around.  We just stick the bright orange sign in the window and the guy stops to fill the on-board tank.  There are actually 2 companies that do it, but the other one charges a $20 delivery fee.  We should be good for a while now.
  Marg went for a pedicure while I waited.  She usually gets a couple while she is down here.  She has had problems with her toes forever & really likes where she gets it done in AJ.  According to her, it is much better than any place she has found in GP.  Pretty bright color selection for a grandmother, LOL!
  As it turned out, she was back before the propane delivery arrived, so I went and played a few games of pool.  Played with a fellow from Saskatchewan & one from Ohio, both of whom could improve their reputations by giving a fellow a shot once in a while.  LOL
  From my visitations I found out the golf list was already turned in, so I missed it.  Gerry C & I will play at Encanto tomorrow instead, but I will have to play 18 holes.  Also stopped to chat up Gary & Patti and picked a dozen or so pocket books.  Gary has a collection that is unsurpassed.  He must have 5 or 6 hundred books, all westerns.
  Marg is going to come along & shop with Deb so that after golf we can all go for a nice supper.
  After a BBQ steak & baked potato we played bingo, yes we both played  It ended up that I won the last game of the night, the double dab, which is also the big prize pot.  Really getting in to this life in the park life style.  Now I know how politicians feel with all the groaning after I won.  Hah!  I just went for the ice cream they have at intermission, but it worked out well.  Yes I did split the prize with Marg.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful colour on the toes, and great win at Bingo!! Sure wish we were still there :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wish you were here as well,weather getting better. And you are always welcome back anytime

      Delete