Wednesday 9 January 2013

Wednesday

What a nice day.  The sun shone and it was beautiful out today.
  Starting the day off, the neighbours had the rv wash guys out to do their unit, so I contracted with them to wash ours, $75, a great deal. We just got them started and paid them as we had to travel.  They are the same guys we have had for the last 2 years, so trusted them to complete the job.  In fact we even left them a tip, we were so confident of a good job.  Unfortunately we got back to the motorhome after dark, so we only think we got good value, Hah!
  Drove in to Gerry & Deb's and got there right about noon.  Gerry & I had a tee time at Encanto for 1:30 and Marg went to go shopping with Deb.  I had almost forgot the way to their place, so used the new gps.  It has a some neat features that our old one did not.  One feature is when you get to a major intersection it shows you a street view photo with an arrow on your recommended route.  Way cool!  Its about 30 miles from here to their place, so we didn't want a mistake.  I joked with Gerry, he has come here numerous times, so going there once to golf seemed reasonable.  There is a new sign up system here for golf & I neglected to get my name on the list.  I found out after we made arrangements that Pat had put my name on the list anyway, but not Gerry, so I said that I had to keep the commitment with Gerry.  It was a municipal course, but a nice one.  Lots of mature trees [palm & others], some water, lots of dog legs.  We found out the hard way that short cutting the dog legs was taken care of with the plantings they had.  Nice fairways, all grass and well cared for greens & tee boxes.  As a matter of fact they watered so much that our biggest problem was muddy clubs & balls.
  The score, well we did OK.  I was better than last week & Gerry about the same.  Used my new Taylor Burner & every time I hit a decent drive, Gerry offered to buy it.  Each time $5 higher than the last until we reached his max.  LOL
  Marg & Deb went to an antique store, then found a cute place call the Secret Village.  There were 6 stores in a cul-de-sac with lots of neat stuff.  They had a nice lunch along the way.  Marg managed to get a few things she really needed, including a shelf thingy and a pair of shoes for Ross's, one her all time fav's.
  After we went out to a Chinese buffet around their place, I think it was called Mandarin.  There was lots of good stuff, some of it unique.  I ate mainly fresh fruit for dessert.  After we drove back to the rv park, arriving home after 8, so it was too late to play poker.  I went and watched them play poker for a while, but it's not the same - duh!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the new driver works .... At least you didn't leave a donation at poker.... Nice shoes xxx

    ReplyDelete