Tuesday 28 February 2012

Tuesday, Feb 28th

The day started out cool & a bit breezy from the rain last night. You really don't want rain here in the desert. The car is covered in dust & after rain it is speckled with mud all over. For those of you who think the life of a snowbird is so great - well into every life a little rain must fall. The day warmed up and it was actually nice and warm around mid-day. Lynette stopped by and asked if we would help with the St Patricks day dinner. She is a nice lady & part of our ice cream crew, so couldn't say no to her. It looks like corned beef & cabbage again. It was great last year so, sort of looking forward to it. What I am not looking forward to is the clean up. Not much action around the park, except for the guy from Winnipeg who lost his sewer tank. I think it split along the seam, at least that was the rumour. I didn't really go by to check it out, although I heard Gary had to go down there with a bunch of lime to put on it. They said it was a sh...y job - hah! Played pool this afternoon & it was good. Bingo tonight & Marg had a half dozen ladies over for a margarita before going. She also had coffee & Baileys and some kind of Mexican milk cake. It was a hen party so I went for a long walk around the park. They all had a good time & I thought if I stayed around they wouldn't have anyone to talk about. Sadly Marg did not win at bingo, a recurring problem around here. By the time most of you read this it will be February 29th - locally known as Sadie Hawkins Day. All you single guys better put on your running shoes. A bit of trivia, but I believe the tradition of women asking men to marry began in Scotland & became established with a decree from Queen Margaret. Kind of a name connection there as Marg was always trying to marry off any of my single friends when we were younger. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. The Sade Hawkins things is definately true here in the UK though I am not sure where it started. It's a leap year tradition. One of the girls I works with her best friend got married on a leap year 29th...

    ReplyDelete