Monday 27 February 2012

So long Bill & Patti

A nice day in AJ, that's almost poetic. I think it was up to about 80F today. The winds started early in the day and blew harder as the day progressed, no doubt bringing a change of weather. It's supposed to rain tonight & only be in the 60's for a day or two. Got off to an early start and went with Bill & Patti to IHop for breakfast. After breakfast we took them to the airport. It would have been funny if it wasn't true, but I went around the terminal building about 3 times, then stopped for directions. Never let it be said that I am too proud to ask. Hah On the 4th round got to the second level which is the departure level. The really funny part is that I drove right to it when we first arrived, then thought I could get to the other side, alas it was not to be, thus the circling motion. I guess you could say we were in a holding pattern on approach. LOL After all of that I dropped them off right in the same spot we arrived at in the first place. As we left, I told them to wave if we went past them again. Back to the rv park where we did laundry and played pool. Really enjoyed them coming to visit with us, even if it was only for a weekend. Although we have many friends here, nice to see some family. Lots of nice comments from people they met in the park, when we saw them later today. Good news, the repair man came by and replaced the check valve on the hot water tank as well as adjusted the orifice so that it burns steady. He said it was the tightest one he had encountered & had to use a snipe. Nice guy, gave me $20 off the labour because of the people in the park who advised us to call him. Thankfully, Marg mentioned them when she was talking to him. Then he gave me a deal on the valve @ $8.75. Unfortunately he had to add on the service call charge - where is our Corgi man when we need him [Phil??]. In the end it was $130, so did not break the bank & we have reliable hot water. Supper tonight, well it was mainly the leftover finger food from yesterday's cocktail hour. I think Marg through out the last of it, can hardly wait for supper tomorrow. LOL

3 comments:

  1. I think at 130.00 I would get him to do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol what a brat I married, shame you had to see off the kids..... Glad you ha such a nice visit. What's with te new layout on the blog... Thought I had stumbled on the wrong page at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    Thank you so very much for having us. We had a great time wish we could have stayed longer, it was wonderful to finally meet all of your friends. A special thanks to Kenny and Doris for letting us stay in their park model. Glad to hear your water issue is now fixed. It was a long day more delayed flights :(
    But made it home safe and sound. Busy day for both Bill and I,reality sucks lol
    Lots of love from the GP Gang xoxo

    ReplyDelete