Wednesday 29 February 2012

Sadie Hawkins day

Early start to the day, Alan rode out with me to Apache Sun where we played flog/ er/ golf. Odd that one is the reverse of the other. I think they are more like - synonymous. Anyway no money won today, but I did hole out on a par 4, giving me a birdie 3. Hit a wedge from about 90 yards out which was hidden by a pine tree that I carried. Anyway when we got there I thought the ball had rolled off, but couldn't find it. Mickey looked in the cup & announced that he found my ball. Pretty funny! Lunch and then I was off to pool while Marg went shopping. Bought a new bedding set for the motorhome & some clothes & sundry other things. We are both so excited, getting to sleep under a new comforter tonight. Will the joy never end? ;>)) Kind of worried to hear the US weather in the east today. We have friends here who have places in Illinois, Minnesota, Kansas & Missouri where they had the nasty weather. Hope they are all OK. Kenny talked to his son & apparently where they are in Kansas was fine. Supper tonight was a baked potato event in the hall. They get these huge potatoes and bake them in the big ovens then have every imaginable toppping. It's quite a popular event, especially with the vegans. LOL. I have to admit it was good and one potato is all a normal person can handle. Off to poker, it is after all DDay. Managed to donate back some of last weeks winnings. I played for the first hour without winning a hand. Oh well, I'll get them next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment