Thursday 6 January 2011

Jan 6th

Howdy - from AJ. Weather is pretty good here, bit cloudy in the morning, but clears off by noon and the afternoons are very pleasant. Happy Birthday Kassidy!
Thursday morning was coffee & rolls in the club house When they do the announcements of activities for the week; gives you an idea of what is available. Marg & I went and renewed some acquaintences. They always have a time when they introduce new arrivals & even though we didn't put up our hands, Kenny & Doris were both pointing at us with a frenzy. Marg wouldn't say anything, so it was left to me to embarass us. I told them we came back because I owed some of the residents a beating in pool from last year - it got a good laugh. Marg & I went for a walk through the park after coffe & it took over quite a bit more than an hour. Met so many people who want to chat for a moment that it's really not much of a walk.
Played pool in the inter-park event today, we played Mountain View and it was a road trip for our park - about 4 blocks. My partner & I won 2 of our 3 games, so that is considered respectable. That's how I'd like to be known - as respectable - LOL!
The satellite dish remote arrived today by mail from GP. Thank you Patti, it is much appreciated. We always forget something - not sure how I took the receiver & forgot the remote that was right beside it on the kitchen counter.
We went out to In & Out Burger tonight. Pretty good burgers & fries. Gave us an excuse to not go to the pot luck fund raiser for the food bank. We really don't do pot luck & I noticed the neighbours car gone when we left, so they obviously don't either.
Tomorrow or Saturday the plan will be to the flea market and get some books.

3 comments:

  1. The picture is very pretty.

    What is a pot luck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pot luck is a dinner where everyone brings a dish & there is no real meal plan. You just hope everyone else can cook & has a clean kitchen. There are generally 74 kinds of pasta salad. If you have been, you either loved it or haded it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the old avoiding pot luck... there is no telling you will find. lol

    ReplyDelete