Tuesday 4 January 2011

Jan 4th - AJ

Nice day today, sky was clear blue in - The Valley of the Sun. Took the car in for an oil change this AM, should have done it before, but with travelling it's difficult to make time for that. Got a great deal - $18.95 for Penzoil, filter & lube job. They are featured in the local paper & there were about 4 or 5 to choose from. Lots of snowbirds lined up, it's like they can all sense when I am on to a good deal. Marg went shopping to Bealls, they probably threw a welcome back party for her. Said she got some good deals & seemed happy with the day. I can't say for sure because I couldn't go. I had put a new tip on my cue & needed to test it at the tables today. Played fairly well today, but some concern. I asked Elmer to excuse me & he said there was no excuse for me - LOL. Put a new water filter on. There was a bit of a taste in the water that was affecting my enjoyment of the scotch I brought from duty free. Marg always buys fresh local navel oranges & they are so juicy & tasty that we are half way thru the 4 pound sack already. Weather good here, & our timing to get here was good, back around Las Vegas where we were, they got 6 inches of snow. We pride ourselves on being one step ahead of the weather. As I said yesterday, weather is always a topic. There are lots of reports of mountain lions in southern Arizona, we might go out to see if we can get a look at one, that would be cool. Tuesday night is bingo night & Marg went. She sat with the same group she sat with last year & she & 2 others won. It's really funny, if someone not from the park wins, they all mumble, but they were hi-5 ing tonite with 3 of them winning.

1 comment:

  1. Its a good job saving on the oil change,,, but may not be such a savings if you leave Mom at Bealls while you are there... our biggest news here is that the bin men have finally returned after 3 weeks of no collection during the snow. See not just all you snowbirds with tales to tell. (will keep you posted if they collect the recycle later today... after our Christmas Eve party we have a few empties.) lol x

    ReplyDelete