Friday 7 January 2011

Jan 7th - Happy Christmas

Khrystos Rhazhdaietsa [Christ is Born] today is Ukrainian Christmas! Didn't seem like Christmas, no snow. ;>) Busy day today, we got the remote for the satellite tuner in yesterday's mail, so after breakfast I set up the dish and tuned it all in. This is usually a stressful thing for me as I do it once a year, but a nice Albertan from Stettler came along saying, there is nothing to it, just set it like this & presto - we had reception. Took him about 5 minutes, this was after me working on it for an hour. Must make notes for next year in case there are not good samaritans. It's a bit of a challenge, these new tv's all automatically set themselves to digital tv down here & the satellite receiver wants channel 3 the old way. There are times when I think I am at the limit of my techie ability & the rest of the time I am way beyond it. All this so Marg can watch her shows, but she was happy with the result. Played some pool today, just with the guys in the park. Worked out pretty good except the game I got skunked. Mesa market tomorrow to get books & a bunch of other stuff we don't know we need until we see it. But first we must get up in time for breakfast in the park: bacon, eggs, pancakes oh yeh & the ever present biscuits & gravy - yes you heard correctly, it's an American thing. BBQ tonight & Marg made up her usual great veg & potatoes to do with the steaks - filets & they were so good they could have been Alberta beef. No Ukrainian dishes though; but I guess we had those back in December.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Ukrainian Christmas... bbq sounds lovely, was it meatless in tradition of the Ukrainian holiday? We woke to snow... and I ended up driving Lyzi back to Nottingham... so although I have a freezer full of homemade Ukrainian dishes.. we didn't have traditional food either. But I avoided meat in celebration. x

    ReplyDelete