Monday 2 March 2020

Monday, March 2nd

  A nice day and while still very warm was not as hot as the last few.  there was a forecast for rain but only a few drops fell here in AJ.  According to the news there were some places in the greater Phoenix area where they had more rain and even a little hail up around Scottsdale.
  Marg had a meeting with the entertainment committee this morning.  They were providing information on planned events for the calendars next year.  It took quite a bit of time, but they were done by lunch time.  I had some calls to make this morning, one on a pension matter where it turns out there were some information problems.  I guess they wrote me at home, but not having our mail forwarded this year I was not aware of the issues, but at this late date they can be resolved when I get home.  The lady on the phone said - It's the Government of Canada, so we will still be here when you get back.  Then I did some paint repair that was long over due.  After that I cleaned a bunch of junk out of the shed.  There was a bunch of odds and ends like pieces of lumber and trim that I threw out.
  When Marg got back we had a bite to eat before our next project and there are several that we need to get to.  The golf cart brakes have been making noise again and Marg posted it for sale on an area site.  I wanted to fix it so anyone looking at it would not be put off by noisy brakes.  It took quite a while to get organized and then when I got the first wheel off I needed some parts.  One of the retaining springs did not appear to be doing it's job.  I also had some glazing on those shoes.  After a bit of running around I had what I needed.  When I returned Marg had visitors and apparently had some almost as soon as I left.  They continued on while I worked and more dropped by.  Smitty also happened by and it was a good thing as he is quite experienced with both brakes and mechanical stuff in general.  By that time I had the second wheel off and apart.  He had some ideas about a problem with the wheel on that side, so I changed to spare I have.  In the process I also greased the front end as I had the jack out and some of the zerks can be difficult to deal without lifting the cart.  In the end I took it for a short test run and it seems fine.  Some folks stopped by to tell us about a party on Monday to say farewell to a long term resident who has sold.  Unfortunately we will be coming back from our road trip with the grandchildren, so will have to miss it.
  Marg made nuns toast for supper, always a welcome dish around me.  It was very good, as always.  After supper Marg worked on her books to get organized to make the financial report to the board.  It is the year end accounting for the money and events of the entertainment committee, so fairly involved.

1 comment: