Tuesday 3 March 2020

Tuesday, March 3rd

It was a nice morning, although the wind blew pretty steady.  There were lots of areas of northern Arizona that had rain last night but this was not one of them.
  Early in the morning we changed the bedding and rotated our mattress.  That task is not to be under estimated owing to the small space in that area.  When the mattress is half turned it pretty much fills the room and usually one of us is pinned to the wall.  After that Marg put the bedding in the washer as she always has a change of sheets and pillow slips around. Then we made the bed in the Arizona room and the hide-a-bed in the living room, probably wanted to do it a few days in advance in case we needed anything so there would be time to get it.  We also had a few things to get out of the Az room.  When someone is staying in the room, there is no room for anything extra.  I took the bedding down to the laundromat when it was done and put it in to dry.  There were two ladies there doing laundry, both complaining about the washing machines, but lots of dryer room.
  I had a dental appointment for 10, so left for it.  The place is only 5 minutes away.  When I got there they had a glitch and had to reschedule me for tomorrow.  They wanted 10, but I told them I had a golf commitment, so they said it would be fine to come as soon as I was done.I couldn't reschedule as I have to pick up Gerry and he has an appointment out here to get his AC fixed in the van.  On the way home I stopped at Walmart where I got Marg a For Sale sign for the golf cart.  I also picked up a few ice cream treats as we have been out for quite a while.  Marg got the bedding out of the dryer and by that time had finished another load of washing which had to be hung out to dry.  I think she got to watch part of the Y&R which runs from 11 until noon here.
  That was pretty much it for the morning  We had a bite of lunch and then I had a commitment with the association Treasurer to review the financials.  They refer to it as an audit, notwithstanding my efforts to tell them it is not.  The difference is probably only significant to me.  Under the terms of my continuing registration with the CPA society I would have to start paying dues again if I actively work or practice in finance and the dues are a couple thousand dollars.  The review is mainly a cursory look at 4 or 5 months of transactions, depending on when it occurs.  The treasurer is getting anxious about other commitments including when I will be leaving, so we did it a bit early this year.  There are not large dollars involved, so it took a couple of hours.  It's only really required when the position of treasurer changes, but they seem to like it annually.
  Marg steamed this afternoon and got all the laundry done.  She had her usual parade of visitors as well and got a chicken in a nice tomato sauce going in the slow cooker for supper tonight.  Tuesdays are always tight so sometimes we eat out that night.  The problem was she took out the chicken intending to make a curry, but decided it would be better [time-wise] to make something in the slow cooker.
  We went to happy and it was a pretty good sized group.  The venue changed at last minute, something that happens a lot when we start to get close to the end of the season.  Most people are trying to get things in or doing last minute stuff.  While there is still quite a bit of time for most folks, some are leaving  or have already left for this winter season owing to family or health commitments.  We probably have 3 weeks left, but will have the grand children for half of it.
  Supper was right after happy as Marg leaves early to help sell cards.  It was a pretty good size crowd tonight and Marg got a winner on the last regular game.  She had to split with another winner, but it was still a win.  She sure was close lots, especially on the two big payout games.  Me, well someone has to contribute to make the payouts worthwhile.

1 comment: