Sunday 9 February 2020

Sunday, February 9th

  A gorgeous day in the valley.  It seems a long time since I have been able to say that even though some have been nice, today was the Arizona we signed up for.  I saw 25 C on the truck temperature read out today.  Definitely shorts and tees weather.
  We didn't get mobile early in the morning, but I did go for a bike ride.  The other riders were either away or at church, so I rode on my own.  It has been a while since I got out on the bike and wanted to get some miles in to try and keep in shape.  I didn't go far, just a couple of miles, but it was nice to get out again.
  When I got back Marg needed a few things, so we went to Superstition Ranch market.  We had a buggy full of fresh vegetables and a nice big bag of large oranges.  I don't recall everything, but there were: green onions, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, potatoes, lettuce, yams, 2 kinds of bell peppers and some other stuff.  I believe the total came to around $25, such a good deal.  Then we stopped at Safeway on the way back for milk and muffins, but I picked up a couple of chocolate covered
marshmallow hearts.  They are Marg's favourite treat among the Valentines treats,  We had a lot of oranges, so Marg had me take a couple over to Janice next door and a few to Blanke's.  they are excellent, so juicy and flavorful.
  When we got home we had a bite to eat and then decided to go to the big Mesa flea market.  I only had one book left not read, so went to sell the others as well as pick up new ones.  The old gal and her daughter are very friendly so I kid them a bit.  Like today when I turned in the books, I said to the mother I wanted to sell some excellent books.  Then as I was paying the daughter I said her mother only gave me $3 but I had $8 in books.  I guess you had to be there, but its what passes for humour with them as they laughed.  Marg just stayed in the truck today, she really over-did it yesterday so needed to take it easy.
  After the market we went to Costco where I bought gas, as we were half way there.  The pump price was $2.75 a gallon, which is about 23 or 24 cents less than anyone else around here.  It's quite a savings as I bought less than half a tank which was still 14 gallons, so a savings of over $4.  While we were fueling the truck, Marg asked about the guy in the next lane, saying what is that on his waist.  Is it what I think it is?  I looked and said if you think its' a pistol in a belt holster, then it is.  It looked a bit like the .357 magnum that Kenny bought this year.  He was a nervous type, looking around the whole time he was fueling the car.  Only in Arizona.
  Back home for supper with the potato salad Marg made after the Ranch market shop.  We were having bbq steak, so she asked about vegetables.  I said corn would go with that, so she decided to make a cream corn type dish.  It was 2 cans of corn with a cream sauce and panko crumbs, baked in the oven for an hour.  Some of our friends and neighbours make something like it, but knowing Marg she made her own version.  It turned out very nice, she commented it was a bit like Nachynka.  I think we will be having this again.
  After supper we went for ice cream.  There was a large turnout tonight.  Marg gave our neighbour a ride home while I stayed and played some pool.  The other 3 guys I played with were fun, so it was time well spent.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are keeping up the tradition of the ice cream socials x

    ReplyDelete