Monday 10 February 2020

Monday, February 10th

Another nice day in the valley.
  I got away at 9:30 to golf with some friends, picking up two guys in the park.  We went to Encanto in Phoenix for a 10:40 tee time.  Traffic was light, so we made good time, except for the area around the highway 51 merge and the tunnel where it always seems to be busy.  Gerry was there already hitting balls at the driving range.  He was complaining about his last game, so wanted to brush up on his swing.  I don't like doing that as there seem to be a limited number of good swings in my clubs so I can't afford to waste them.  LOL  The course was busy so we had to wait on the first 3 holes, but the Ranger came by telling us it would open up by the fourth hole.  I hit the ball well on the front nine, carding a 45.  The back nine is always a problem for me as I tire, a product of swinging the club more than most of the other guys.  Sure enough on #11 I put two balls into turtle lake, scoring a 9 for that miserable hole.  We played the format where you partner with a different player every 6 holes with low score buying the beer, usually me.  The pair with the combined low score earn a point, no point is awarded in the event of a tie.  Today it was the low 2 buying the others beverage of choice..  A miracle happened as the two low scores did not include me.  We had one player card an 82, among the others 2 of us were 100 and 1 was 101.
  Following her morning ablutions, Marg did a couple loads of laundry.  There was a forecast of rain later in the day, so she wanted to finish while there weather was good for drying.  That left her time for steaming the laundry before putting it away.  She also made a lemon meringue pie this morning for our supper.  In the afternoon finished up the morning projects and had a visitor or two.
  We finished golf at 3, so I thought traffic would not be heavy for a while yet.  Well it turns out I was wrong, the traffic at the tunnel was bumper to bumper, all 8 lanes, so I had to merge with it and then work my way over tot he left until I got in the far left hand lane for the HOV lane.  After that it went well, even with heavy traffic we were still able to make 70 mph for most of the journey home.
  When we got back to the park it was just in time for happy, almost 4 o'clock.  It was on our lane tonight, so right handy.  We were supposed to have a Mexican food night, but it never happened owing to other conflicts and weather, so the hosts tonight had lots of taco chips, salsa, guacamole and margarita's.  It was well attended and there were lots of laughs.
  Supper was eat in tonight.  It was mainly planned-overs from last night with the addition of a nice piece of pie.  Oh almost forgot, I had to deliver a piece of pie to Janice next door.  Marg looks out for her quite often, especially when the lemons come from her tree.  Around supper time it rained a bit, not like the downpours we had in December.  I did see on the weather that there was dime sized hail in Gilbert, so not to far from here.

1 comment:

  1. Lemon pie is making my mouth water... we had a storm yesterday and Katie even saw a dust of snow at Uni x

    ReplyDelete