Saturday 8 February 2020

Saturday, Feb 8th

Happy birthday Bill.  I know you don't do FB, but you are in our thoughts today.  Happy birthday to Lyzi as we were not able to contact you.  Enjoy your time in Thailand.
  The sun shone and it was the nicest day in a while.  I would guess the high temp was about 70 or above, definitely short pants and no jacket weather.  I got out early and went for breakfast at the clubhouse.  Today's breakfast crew had as their special, french toast and blueberry pancakes, both of which I really enjoy.  As a result the line up for service was very long.  I selected on of each with eggs and sausage.  It certainly lived up to the advance billing, well worth going and a great way to start the day.
  While I was gone, Marg already had one load of laundry through the machine and hanging out to dry.  With the cooler weather lately she wanted to wait for better drying weather, so that was today.  When I returned she was just at the end of a load of towels, so just about done.
  Mickey came along a bit later with bogey, his dog.  They were heading out to the driving range, asking if I wanted to tag along.  Being such a nice day I went to hit a medium bucket.  It got real warm making me wonder about what I was doing out there.  I was working on a shorter back swing, trying to see if I could make it work for my game.  It went not too bad, not certain it will be part of my game plan on Monday.  Throughout the day I picked up a couple of golfers, one at breakfast, the second at pool who will accompany me on Monday to Encanto.
  When I returned Marg was doing a bit more cleaning, so I ran the vac over some of the area.  Lunch was next with egg salad sandwich's which were very good.  By this time Marg's back was starting to be a problem, so I tried to get her to ease off for the rest of the day.  Yeh right, her ease off.  By this time it was 2, so I went to play a bit of pool.  There were only a few guys but I managed to get in a few games.  Played better today, thankfully for me, not so good for the opposition.  
  We went for happy to some fellow Canadians place. There were only about 10 there, so just a nice size group.  The host was the fellow who tried to pay me in Canadian dollars for things at the garage sale, a real card.  Some of the conversation was about that as well as him renting me the propane fire pit when I need it.
  By then it was dinner time.  Most of the happy group were invited to Blanke's for supper.  Doris put together a meal to thank the people who helped get their place cleaned up or opened up.  The meal was very nice, bbq ribs, baked potato and a creamed corn.  Not the store bought creamed corn, rather a dish we have only seen down here.  Marg made margarita's for most of the people there, which were very popular.  Well the pie was very popular too and there were two kinds; peanut butter and coconut cream.  I had the latter, Marg the former, both of them were very good.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely... and Doris is well known for her pies I believe x

    ReplyDelete