Friday 7 February 2020

Friday, Feb 7th

A chilly morning with temps in the 30's but the sun helped.  In fact about mid morning it was real nice out on the street in the sun, but in our breezeway it was warm coat weather.
  The park sale was advertised to start at 8, but our first visitor was here about 7:30.  The place was very busy, in fact we had traffic jams at our end of the park at times.  Everyone seemed to sort it out and there were no incidents.  We sold a pile of stuff today, leaving only a few things at the end of the day.  One old guy was telling me about how well he did negotiating purchases in other places.  He bought a few things that I ended up giving a break on the bundle, so I said after what he told me I was glad I still had my coat left after dealing with him.  He was a right friendly fellow and had a good laugh over that.  Then there was a guy who picked out two 5 dollar items to take then saying being as he was spending $15 would I throw in a 2 dollar item, so I said yes of course and he went away happy.  I had one old gal bargain me down to $1.50 on a 2 dollar item and gave me the 2 dollars saying she didn't want to take advantage of me.  Then there was the lady who negotiated back and forth on the two saw horses agreeing to pay $6 for the pair.  When she went to pay for them her husband said he wouldn't carry them all the way back to the car, so she walked away.
   We closed it down about noon with our sales total about $330 and lots of stuff gone.  The plane and ball pean hammer stayed to go home with us.  Marg also had me take the bbq light off the table as she wanted it for the late night bbq's at the lake.  For lunch we went to the hall for the sloppy joes.  They were out of pie by then, so we only got tickets for the sloppy joes.  In the process I picked up a ticket for two pieces of pie and presented them to Linda at the counter.  She just said there is no pie so go back for a refund.  I protested, but I paid for these.  She was ready to go find out why they sold me the pie when I fessed up.  Well long story short, I was lucky to get the sloppy joes.  LOL
  Right after we ate they drew for the raffle tickets and it seemed to go on at length, finishing up with the quilt raffle.  I left before the raffle tickets were all drawn to play pool.  Marg stayed for the end before going home.  Shortly after she appeared in the pool room looking for a key to the door as she had left hers at home when we went down for lunch.  There were four of us playing pool and we had some good games and a bit of fun.
  We had supper in tonight, BLT's as Marg had a craving for them.  We were tired so not looking to go out for supper with others tonight.  A final trip after supper to return a borrowed table.  Marg went to ask about a lady that had a bad fall in the park today, so a lengthy conversation about that and the patio sale.  That was our day.

2 comments:

  1. I’m sure that people were very happy with their purchases as you were selling lots of good stuff rather than clearing out junk. Let me know if you are ever selling any anchors, you know how hard to find they are over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a successful patio sale... if only you got the pie as well xx

    ReplyDelete