Tuesday 14 January 2020

Tuesday, Jan 14th

  A nicer day today with the high temp reaching 70 F or maybe even a degree or two more.  It ended up being a shorts day around noon and in the afternoon.
  One of my FB friends had a couple of pictures from home of tossing hot water in the air then it freezes right in the air before reaching the ground.  This only happens when its really cold and with the temperature around the minus 40 mark, yesterday qualified.  I showed the picture to a few people around the park who could hardly believe it, in fact one asked to be copied with it.
  After lunch I went to help Kenny with his desk.  He has one in the breezeway and it has weathered on the top so it is really rough. He wants to put a covering on the desk top, so we sanded it smooth to get a better surface for the adhesive and new material.
  We were sitting around and had not heard from the dealership about mid afternoon.  With golf tomorrow morning I needed my clubs, so we went down to the dealership and take them from the back of the truck.  Just prior to our arrival our service rep. got the keys and the work order from the shop, now that is kismet or fate.  Marg went in to the customer lounge for a coffee while I took the rental car back to Enterprise.  It was an easy return, they checked the vehicle and mileage then said that was all, I could go.  The final bill was emailed to me and all I had to pay was the $7 a day, so $42 in total.  She said with my commitment to pay that amount at the start, even the taxes would be billed to the dealership.  I think the dealerships share was about $300.
  They gave me a ride back to the dealership where the paperwork was all done and we paid nothing.  Apparently the valve body is where all of the electronics are for the transmission.  The dealer had to provide the electronic test profile of the problem to Chrysler before they could replace it as the total cost was somewhere over $2,300.  They also had to provide copies of my drivers license and registration to prove I was a winter visitor, not a permanent resident here.  Not sure what that is about, but I do know they will not sell us new vehicles here to take to Canada as there is no warranty if we do that.
  We got back to our place in time for happy hour.  It was at Blanke's so well attended.  After happy we went to Taco Bell for a quick bite as it was bingo night.  Marg had her usual $5 meal box, I had a burrito combo.  We had to be back for Marg to sell cards for 6 o'clock.  I went down a bit later and we contributed tonight.  The sad tale is we were both so close, but that is not where the cash is.  I go because I also have a job, I sell the double daub cards at intermission and help put stuff away at the end.  Marg stays to wipe down the tables with a sanitizing solution after the games.  One of the people who helped tidy up commented last week that it seemed the only volunteers were the people least healthy enough to do the job.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got your wheels back, sounds like a successful day even if Bingo didn’t pay x

    ReplyDelete