Wednesday 15 January 2020

Wednesday, Jan 15th

A nicer day even though it was chilly until the sun came up.  The rest of the day was very nice, I think in the 70's but started to cloud over a bit in the late afternoon.
  It was golf morning in the park when we all go to Apache Sun where we share a tee time with another park.  There were 18 to play this morning.  Gerry C came early and we left shortly after so we were the first ones at the course, something that has not happened before.  It was cool, but not too bad in the sun, the dew lay heavy on the turf.  We ride together and ended up paired with two very good players.  There was no one in front for a few holes, so our pace of play was about the quickest I have ever played for 9 holes.  We finished in about 90 or so minutes, incredible for a foursome.  On the fourth hole where everyone throws in a dollar for long putt we had a carry-over from last week of $14.  I hit a great chip out of the sand and holed my 8 foot putt to win the moola, $32 in total.  I also got a four to par the hole.  I had a decent score as well [for me that is] and it was a fun group to play with today.  This was my first round at the course this year and I was disappointed to learn the tortoise is no longer on the fourth hole.  It was a zero turtle day, so I never went in the water.  Somehow Gerry did, can't figure that out as he knows the turtle theory.  LOL
  Marg did up a couple loads of laundry in the morning and got things caught up.  She also had visitors for part of the time, so was very busy.  When I got back Marg had been doing bills and my charge for the golf was already on the account.  We had earned enough points that she applied them as a payment, so told me my round of golf was free today.  Lets see, if I made money at it today is it time to turn Pro?  Then we went to the Ranch market for veggies and oranges, which are awesome.  On returning home we had a bite of lunch.  Marg had made biscuits in the oven and they were delicious.  I love them fresh out of the oven like that.
  After lunch I went to play pool, ended up playing with a guy I really enjoy playing.  He's a good player, but had a poor start.  I eased off a bit after 3 wins and then he got his act together and then I couldn't get it together for a win.  I think there was a lesson in there someplace.  LOL
  Marg had a busy afternoon with lots of visitors.  She has lots of good friends here and it seems there is always someone dropping by.  Many people walk around the park, especially those with dogs.  One of them has left a package of dog treats here, so Marg is pretty popular with the dogs as well.  Sometime in the midst of this she got a dinner into the slow cooker for us.
  When I got back we went to happy hour.  It was on the other side of the park and the couple hosting are well known for their craft creations.  They do some amazing stuff, especially Kokopelli's.  There was  large group at happy today and it was a fun event.  After happy it was supper time.  We were just midway through supper when a couple stopped in to give us a couple pieces of lemon meringue pie which was very nice.
  After supper I went to play poker and Marg went to a fire in the big area in the middle of the walking track.  It seems some of the folks got enough wood to make a fire for folks to sit around and roast marshmallows.  It was something new here and was open to anyone.  Marg estimated they had about 40 people there, so it was a good time.  At poker we had too many for one table but not enough for two, so a few guys never got to play.  Apparently they went to the fire.  Financially poker was not a paying proposition, I donated tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Golf sounded good l, shame about the turtles though ... well done on that putt x

    ReplyDelete