Monday 13 January 2020

Monday, January 13th

The nicest day in a while.  I think temperatures got up to around 70 and were close to that before noon, so a shirt sleeve day.
  It was cool enough this morning that I made oatmeal / porridge.  We haven't had any for a while now and are almost out of the rolled oats we brought from home, so am using it sparingly.  Yes they sell it here, but it's not the same, some of it is quite coarse even after cooking and we all know how important creamy is - right?
  After eating we went out to pay for our dinner tickets on Friday.  Patti didn't want to take my money saying I was working it so got dinner free.  I have such a minor part and want to sit with friends so insisted on paying.  She gave me a towel or square to drape over my arm, kind of like a maitre de, I guess.  We went looking for jeans after that where I managed to find a nice pair of blue jeans and a pair of black ones.  I kind of need a pair of black pants on Friday and never brought any down as we packed light this year.  Marg found a couple of things she needed as well, so a productive stop.
  Lunch was back at our place and we had some nice grilled sandwiches using the new rye bread we picked up at Basha's.  It was new to us and very good.  After lunch Marg did some steaming, including the new jeans.  She also had some visitors.  I went to play pool and she never realized I took the cart.  Later she noticed it missing so called me to ask if it was missing or if I had it.  I generally don't take it, but had to take the laptop with me so today was the exception.  Played with some good guys today and we had some laughs.  I think I won more than lost, so that was good too.
  The dealership called to say the repair was approved by Chrysler and the truck should be done by tomorrow.  Apparently the part alone is $2,000 so they needed this prior approval.  I asked about the car to be certain they extended the rental on it.  Even though it is only $7 a day, I will be dealing with the dealership back home as I don't think I should be paying anything. Tomorrow will make it a week since I took it in.
  We went to happy hour tonight and there were quite a few there, possibly 2 dozen.  We also got notice from the couples hosting tomorrow and Wednesday, so that was a bonus.  We are probably due to host again, so will consider it as the week progresses, after all we live on Happy Hour Lane.
 

1 comment: