Tuesday 26 March 2019

Tuesday, March 26th

Well it was another hot one, the temp reached 86 F or 30 C or better.
  I started the day at James Tire where I got an oil change in the truck.  Oil, Filter and taxes; the total bill came to $17.31.  That is not a typo, hard to believe, but they offer it as a promo but you have to bring your coupon with you for that price and you need to book the appointment in advance.  They only do a limited number each day and it is bulk oil, but what a deal.  It takes about 40 minutes because they seem to use it as a filler in their schedule but it's reliable, I have been going there for 4 or 5 years.  When it was done, I gave the young man a couple bucks.  He can't be making a whole lot at that rate.
  When I got back home we went out to Costco.  I had a problem with a piece on one of  my hearing aids, the piece that helps keep it in my ear.  We did some shopping while waiting as it took about a half hour.  We had pretty good luck, finding a few garments each.  I also found a bottle of scotch at a very reasonable price.  When I went to pick them up, the one with the replaced clip had a problem with the little door that hold the battery.  They said it just happens, but it was fine when I went in there.  They replaced the door, although they only had black ones.  As Richard would say, it doesn't show from the road, so it's good to go.  The service on them was free, so that was under the service agreement, so that too was good.  I also bought gasoline for the truck today.  The price per gallon has risen about 25 cents in the last couple weeks.  They always seem to do that here at the end of March.  Costco are always lower, $2.54 per gallon, which would be about 66 cents a litre.
  Back home for lunch where we had poached eggs and toast.  We used Alexa to give us the poaching time and varied the timer to add 20 seconds of cooking.  They were pretty close to perfect.  The egg poacher is going home with us this year, so is Alexa.  We went down to Lynett's where I put her golf cart on stands, it helps with tires..  She already had it wrapped up for storage.
  In the afternoon I played pool  There were fewer guys today, probably a result of the snowbird/winter visitor migration.  I played one on one with a fellow from Minnesota.  I have played with and against him for many years now.  In the inter-park tournaments when the two of us were teamed, we did OK.  He started out winning the first two games, well I scratched on the 8 ball both times.  Then he never won until the second last game.  He had me in trouble on the last game, but I pulled a proverbial rabbit out of the hat and won.
  Marg went to Safeway.  We needed a few things even though our time here is short we need to eat.  I offered to go with her, but she went on her own and did well.  The store wasn't too busy, in fact neither was Costco.  There must be a lot of people on the road already.
  Happy hour was at Blanke's tonight.  They had a good sized group today, somewhere over 2 dozen.  Looking around the group, I guess that about 3/4 of them will be gone within the next week.  Some will be flying or driving tomorrow and 3 couples from Alberta early next week.  That is pretty much the main topic these days.  At the end of two weeks, there will likely only be 2 or 3 people in that group still here. 
  Supper was a chicken dish in the slow cooker that Marg had started after lunch.  It was pretty hot in the house, so we ate on the table in the breezeway.  Ran the AC in the house several times today.  It is a good idea to do that to keep it operating, but in this case is was not for a work up, it was necessary. 
  Bingo tonight, last one of the season.  There was a good size crowd, so the payouts were good. Marg was close every time I looked at her cards.  In the first couple of games I commented and she shushed me.  She must have thought I was jinxing ;her.  Well I stopped, but it didn't help; no winners at our table tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Shame you didn’t cash in in the last bingo... gas money hone x

    ReplyDelete